Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2018 8:17:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Deputyjason]
I’ve been out of the game for so long that the firing line at my club was mostly M1 Garands.  
I understand that optic sights were accepted in 2016, which would make my Aimpoint allowable.

If I wanted to compete at the local level, would the DD Omega Rail and LaRue MBT be legal also?

Link Posted: 8/31/2018 8:54:32 AM EDT
[#1]
No, I can't comment about the rail, but your pistol grip would't work.  I believe the only allowed grips are the A1 and the A2.

You might check with your local match director though, if you just want to shoot locally.  My local match director would let that slide.
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 9:01:37 AM EDT
[#2]
CMP rule book is here: CMP Rules 2018
NRA Rules are here : NRA high Power 2018

TLDR = Your grip and charging handle is no bueno, only A1 and A2 grips and mil-spec CH are allowed.

BUT! I am almost certain your local matches will allow you to compete with your rifle as it sits.
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 10:57:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Thank you guys!
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 12:17:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: A6BN] [#4]
DD Omega rail is fine as well.  MBT is good to go as long as pull weight is greater than 4.5lbs.
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 1:15:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By A6BN:
DD Omega rail is fine as well.  MBT is good to go as long as pull weight is greater than 4.5lbs.
View Quote
I have the heavy spring in it since it’s my work rifle
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 6:20:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: azmp5] [#6]
As others have said, grip and ch wont work but the trigger will. The rail looks ok.   I love the mbt for my service rifle.  The heavier "wall" is nice... complete opposite of my hsnm.

Edit:
A plus is for optics you can now run a 34mm objective lens vs 24mm.  I did a year with irons (and like irons personally) but am going to switch to a scope this year.  I'm thinking I may try the hi-lux.  I'm just not baller enough to afford a $1500-2k 1-4 scope.
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 7:26:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By azmp5:
As others have said, grip and ch wont work but the trigger will. The rail looks ok.   I love the mbt for my service rifle.  The heavier "wall" is nice... complete opposite of my hsnm.

Edit:
A plus is for optics you can now run a 34mm objective lens vs 24mm.  I did a year with irons (and like irons personally) but am going to switch to a scope this year.  I'm thinking I may try the hi-lux.  I'm just not baller enough to afford a $1500-2k 1-4 scope.
View Quote
I saw the Nightforce scopes at Camp Perry and this was awesome.  I can’t justify that when I can’t use it for work too.  
Maybe the Steiner would work
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 8:41:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HighpowerRifleBrony] [#8]
Eeeyup, except the grip. Co-witness to clean up the dot - maybe run the post down a revolution to clear up the sight picture. Is it a 4 MOA? If so, it's still a bitch in the afternoon sun.

Refining the Red Dot | AR15 Ultradot Carbine

Ultradot Carbine | 2018 Texas Service Rifle Championship
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 8:57:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Deputyjason:

I have the heavy spring in it since it's my work rifle
View Quote
Weigh it to confirm. Receivers vary.

I have an early MBT from before they came with two springs. Jaqufrost sent me a heavy and I still had to bend the shit out of the springs to barely make 4.5lbs.
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 9:45:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Deputyjason] [#10]
Originally Posted By HighpowerRifleBrony:
Eeeyup, except the grip. Co-witness to clean up the dot - maybe run the post down a revolution to clear up the sight picture. Is it a 4 MOA? If so, it's still a bitch in the afternoon sun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvFCQjSZEtU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G51gBdINGU
View Quote
It’s a 2min dot
I’ve since swapped the LMT sight for a Knight’s.  
The rifle is more than capable
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 12:02:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HighpowerRifleBrony] [#11]
Outliers on call? What ammo? Keep in mind, the 10-ring is 3.3", 2", and 1.75" at 100yds.

If you have more HP specific questions or want online coaching, https://www.ar15.com/forums/training/High_Power___DCM___CMP/14/
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 9:30:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By HighpowerRifleBrony:
Outliers on call? What ammo? Keep in mind, the 10-ring is 3.3", 2", and 1.75" at 100yds.

If you have more HP specific questions or want online coaching, https://www.ar15.com/forums/training/High_Power___DCM___CMP/14/
View Quote
100 yards.  Federal FC262 77gr.  Fliers are the shooters fault
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top