Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2021 6:01:36 PM EDT
My training buddy has a sniper competition this week so he wanted to work precision rifle today.

I used my LaRue OBR 7.62 with Nightforce optic, Surefire can, 168gr Federal Gold Medal Match

Worked from 100-275y in about a 2mph wind

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 9:43:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice...did you shoot other non-prone positions?

Link Posted: 3/8/2021 12:32:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Did a little bit of kneeling.... which I’m constantly trying to improve on.

My buddy has several friends at the Army Marksmanship Unit and he’s giving me tips on how they train kneeling.

Link Posted: 3/8/2021 12:50:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sinister] [#3]
Dang Boy, giddyup!  Nice shooting, Tex -- especially with a self-loader!
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 2:33:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Sinister:
Dang Boy, giddyup!  Nice shooting, Tex -- especially with a self-loader!
View Quote

I’m sure the rifle is more capable than I am....

Link Posted: 3/9/2021 8:43:55 PM EDT
[#5]
kneeling is a tough position to learn, but once you get into a good position it will instantly "click".  Check out 3 position shooters to see how they build their kneeling positions, it will be the best way to learn.  And be realistic about your expectations because kneeling without using a barricade is really difficult to do well.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 8:47:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Wow. Impressive.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 10:02:49 PM EDT
[#7]
That's good shooting. Makes me jealous and I wish I could be out shooting too. I took my OBR to work the other day hoping to get off in time to make it to the range by my work but didn't get off in time. Would,have been a great day to go as the afternoon temp was in the mid 60's.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top