Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2022 10:11:32 AM EDT
Hi, I picked up a Winchester XRP 6.5 CM Black syn stock and it came with a Vortex scope, I really like the feel of this gun and the trigger is pretty good right out of the box, Bolt is smooth as well. I did take it outside on a humid day and the scope did fog but I am not sure if it was on the inside or outside, it looked like it was on the inside but I did not check it in time to be sure.

The Savage Axis .308 in camo, this rifle came with a Weaver scope that is pretty clear for the price point but I have heard some don't hold zero. I hate the trigger but I do have a https://www.mcarbo.com/savage-axis-trigger-pro-kit.aspx coming. The bolt also is not as smooth as the XPR.

These Guns will be used for white tail and coyotes mostly. the 6.5 CM I have Hornady 129 GR Whitetail ammo and the .308 I have Federal TSX 165 GR rounds.
I have not fired either yet but just wondering what you guys think of these. I Don't care for the Rugers or the Mossbergs in this price range.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 8:14:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone? Trigger is in the Axis and it really helped, smooth and well worth the money. I used the 3.5 lb in it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 3:52:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RifleDisciple] [#2]
I don't have any of these, but I want to own a Win M70 at some point. These will work wonderfully for kid guns.

Let me know how the 129 Hornady ammo shoots. I have had a really difficult time getting the Hornady Interlocks to shoot tight groups. I've tried 4-5 different varieties of Interlock and can't get down to MOA with them. Now V-Max bullets have been outstanding.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 4:24:41 AM EDT
[#3]
The Winchester XPR is considered one of the higher end budget rifles, IIRC.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top