Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2021 8:00:22 PM EDT
I recently purchased a FDE SCAR 17 which I love. I mounted a Vortex 1-8 on it and now it's too heavy for my liking. After doing some research, I think I've settled on an ACOG because of it's durability and weight. I'll mainly just be doing target shooting, maybe out to 300-400 yards and would like to do some closer shots at 50 yards or so.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 11:54:21 PM EDT
[#1]
TA11H-308
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 1:21:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 11:43:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I have had a ACOG TA11E on mine since I bought it when the 17 first came out. The ACOG has served my well.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 11:48:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By topgunshooter:
TA11H-308
View Quote

FPNI...

When you get tired of SCAR idiosyncrasies look at the MWS next.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 10:43:36 AM EDT
[#5]
TA11 is the obvious choice but if weight is a primary concern maybe look at the TA33. I’ve never shot one on a 308 but it’s my ACOG of choice for ARs
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 9:25:05 AM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

What lower is that?
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 9:40:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By SemperFortis202:

What lower is that?
View Quote

Looks like an X-Products
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 7:08:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I ended up getting a TA33 with green horseshoe reticle. I love it. Got a chance to go sight it in at the range today. 2" groups at 100yrds with target ammo.

Current rig:
SCAR 17
PWS SRX Rail
Geissele Super SCAR Trigger
GGG Angled Charging Handle
Tango Down Grip
Magpul Ambi Safety
Magpul RVG
Magpul bipod
Grovtec QS 2-Point Sentry Sling
Streamlight ProTac HL-X 1000 lumen WML
Trijicon ACOG TA33 on a QD LaRue mount

Link Posted: 5/4/2021 8:41:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By SigSauerLover:
I ended up getting a TA33 with green horseshoe reticle. I love it. Got a chance to go sight it in at the range today. 2" groups at 100yrds with target ammo.

Current rig:
SCAR 17
PWS SRX Rail
Geissele Super SCAR Trigger
GGG Angled Charging Handle
Tango Down Grip
Magpul Ambi Safety
Magpul RVG
Magpul bipod
Grovtec QS 2-Point Sentry Sling
Streamlight ProTac HL-X 1000 lumen WML
Trijicon ACOG TA33 on a QD LaRue mount

https://i.imgur.com/9yp68ze.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/0vZohuj.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/3brAimO.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ule1Wht.jpg
View Quote

That rifle looks like it will piss excellence.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 1:40:35 PM EDT
[#10]
From experience, the only ACOGs I’ve ever liked have been the TA11 and TA648 because of the eye relief.  The TA110 LED version looks pretty solid as well.  For the .308 load, the benefit comes in for me with higher magnification and the TA648 is a great optic for that platform.  This is especially since the top picatinny rail will mount an MRDS.  The problem is that it’s a beast of an optic and costs a lot.  The TA11 obviously is a bit more economical.  If you’re going to run a .308, extra eye relief isn’t a bad thing.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 8:38:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By UnaStamus:
From experience, the only ACOGs I’ve ever liked have been the TA11 and TA648 because of the eye relief.  The TA110 LED version looks pretty solid as well.  For the .308 load, the benefit comes in for me with higher magnification and the TA648 is a great optic for that platform.  This is especially since the top picatinny rail will mount an MRDS.  The problem is that it’s a beast of an optic and costs a lot.  The TA11 obviously is a bit more economical.  If you’re going to run a .308, extra eye relief isn’t a bad thing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By UnaStamus:

RETAIL: $2,999.00

Link Posted: 5/7/2021 4:13:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Some folks lucked into them for like $800 a few years ago on Amazon.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 1:37:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: UnaStamus] [#13]

Real world price is around $2k, depending on model.  But yeah, expensive AF.  Hard to justify when you can get a good LPVO for the same or less.  Including the Trijicon VCOG 1-8x (which is also a brick of an optic, but optically much better than the 1-6x) or the Razor 1-10x.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top