Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2021 2:48:11 PM EDT
am setting up a Savage B22 for my wife to learn precision shooting. It has a Nikon FX1000 on it. If I set it to 14X the eye box is obviously smaller than at 4X. I have it set now to where it is right holding the rifle and shooting off hand or cross legged position. But if i get down prone i am too close to the scope to get a good picture.

How do you guys normally adress this? We enjoy shooting prone probably the most. But enviously we cant always be prone. We usually shoot in "the field" and rairly from a proper shooting bench at a range
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 2:53:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I position my scopes so that if needs be I can move my head back as it is easier than straining it forward.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 5:01:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Picatinny rails and QD rings
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 5:06:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TxRabbitBane] [#3]
You need a consistent cheek weld.  The scope should be positioned such that you get a good sight picture (scope picture?) at the proper eye relief for the scope when in a firing position using that consistent cheek weld.  The height should be the minimum (closest to bore line) permissible for that objective/barrel profile.

That’s my opinion, anyway.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 7:09:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Max magnification while prone straight behind the rifle
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 7:12:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top