Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2022 6:03:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CouchCommando22]
I have a Begara B14 ridge. The base is a two piece Warne setup and scope has a 44 objective in a 30mm tube. I am thinking medium, but not sure.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 6:47:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 7:05:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Vortex uses base to bottom of scope tube. I like the Vortex rings as well. Any idea on that?
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 7:14:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 7:18:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Center to center. Center of your tube to edge is about 15mm. Canter of your objective to edge is 22, making a 7mm difference +\- 2mm. Or about .30”. Mounting a scope as low as possible is always good. Remember, you have the height of the mount as well.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 7:27:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 7:28:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rob01:

Actually they use base to center of tube. I use both their Precision Matched Rings and Pro Series. If you wanted to keep the price down the .9” Pro Series should work for you.
View Quote

On it now. Thanks
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 7:51:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Millennial] [#7]
I have a Bergara with a Talley 20MOA picatinny rail.

I can fit a 56mm objective on LaRue LT719 .875” high rings. I had a 44mm scope in some .750” rings on it with room to spare, too.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 9:48:24 AM EDT
[#8]

Not always good. Depends on the whole rifle and also the shooter. Some people like more height as it’s more comfortable for them behind the scope. As long as you put the scope height in your ballistic program the height makes no difference.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gsc0527:
Mounting a scope as low as possible is always good.

Not always good. Depends on the whole rifle and also the shooter. Some people like more height as it’s more comfortable for them behind the scope. As long as you put the scope height in your ballistic program the height makes no difference.

Getting closest to the bore is not always optimal. Being able to mount your rifle without muscling it into position is one of the first considerations when choosing rings.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 2:37:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By MunnyShot:

Getting closest to the bore is not always optimal. Being able to mount your rifle without muscling it into position is one of the first considerations when choosing rings.
View Quote

I have a cheek riser
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 3:35:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Low or Medium should both work .

44mm. -  30mm = 14 mm /2 = 7mm below the tube at the front of the objective which should be past the base.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 10:40:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Urimaginaryfrnd:
Low or Medium should both work .

44mm. -  30mm = 14 mm /2 = 7mm below the tube at the front of the objective which should be past the base.
View Quote

The Warne medium rings were too tall. Sent them back and got the Vortex rings in low. Best decision ever.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top