I used medium on my 44mm scope.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 9:46:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 7:51:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I use medium for 42mm.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 10:35:05 PM EDT
[#4]
It really depends.  Low medium and high doesnt say much because every manufacturer is different.  You can google how to measure it and get a rough idea of how many inches you need.  I have a Rem 700 with a rail and a SWFA SS 3-15 and I am in low rings and still had to add a stock pack with all the shims to bring me up to the level of the scope. Before I put on the 20MOA rail I was running medium rings on basic two piece bases.

Link Posted: 2/1/2018 10:44:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 10:45:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Aimless:
this scope
https://swfa.com/swfa-ss-3-15x42-tactical-rifle-scope-3.html

on a rifle similar to this
https://www.legacysports.com/catalog/howa/howa-hcr-chassis-rifle/

last rings I bought the rear bell hit the charging handle (okay that was an AR type rifle but still)
View Quote
One thing others may not mention.  Height can also be dictated by use.  I use high rings on my bolt guns to get the but heel below my collar bone when shooting prone.  Yes it requires a comb pad but it feels good to to shoot it like that.  I don't get whacked by my rifle like I used to and that makes me a better shooter.

So, don't just fit the scope as low as you can, fit the scope for the use.  I have room for a 50mm if I want it.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 11:10:23 PM EDT
[#7]
only thing to also consider is if the catalog pic is correct it looks like an extended scope rail, so depending on the scope it may hit the bell on the rail.

I would almost wait till i had the scope and gun then decide what rings you will need.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 11:38:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Firestarter123] [#8]
This is a great calculator to use.

As Rob said though .823-.900" should be fine.

I like Badger, NF, ARC M10, Seekins, etc. depending on what the rifle is and who makes what I want.

I have a 42mm Tango 6 that I plan on using 1.125" rings on with a Bravo chassis to try out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top