Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/5/2021 8:34:50 PM EDT
Wrapped up an AR build (.223/5.56) using Aeroprecision upper and lower.  Everything went together perfectly and the upper/lower fitment is perfect.  A function check confirmed the rifle functions as it should.

The only issue is with bolt catch.  It’ll hold the BCG (Aero as well) on an empty mag but won’t if you try manually.  I tried different upper/lower combos with a BCM build and everything worked perfectly.  The only thing I can figure is the Aero bolt catch is out of spec.

Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 2:58:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Seems odd that it will work on an empty mag and not manually.

However, i will add my input.

I had a lower that would not hold open manually or on an empty mag. After taking a bunch of measurement, and trying multiple bolt catches, it was determined that the machining in the lower was shallow for the bolt catch.

I took a dremel and removed material from the back of the bolt catch on the surface that cants into the lower where the spring is.

That solved it and the lower is still going strong.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top