Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2018 9:20:39 AM EDT
I am shipping an A17 back to Savage for warranty work. This rifle refuse to feed and return to battery. They sent me a new magazine and it still does not feed properly. My question is, do I need, or should I remove the scope, and bipod off the rifle? Or ship as it sits?
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 9:37:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Remove them before sending in for repair.
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 9:46:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By BLKVooDoo:  I am shipping an A17 back to Savage for warranty work. This rifle refuse to feed and return to battery. They sent me a new magazine and it still does not feed properly. My question is, do I need, or should I remove the scope, and bipod off the rifle? Or ship as it sits?
View Quote
I'd pull it all off.  You're gonna have to rezero anyway if they remove the bbl @ any point.

Just sent my SUB-2000 to Kel-Tec for a properly certified steel bbl and they had me remove anything that didn't come w/ the gun.
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 10:02:49 AM EDT
[#3]
As someone who has worked at several warranty centers for several major manufacturers, I say remove everything that did not come with the firearm.
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 2:59:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Alright then. Thank you everyone for your input.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top