Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2019 9:10:22 AM EDT
I just picked up some of the warner 180gr flatlines (.350-.360 bc ) and was wondering who has a good 308 win loads for it? It will be fired from a 24" gas gun if that matters.
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 10:14:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Reorx] [#1]
That is a very long and expensive bullet for a .308 Win.  To load it to SAAMI mag length for a gas gun would handicap it.  The case volume (and as a result MV) you would lose would offset most if not all of the advantage of the outrageous BC...

Are you planning on single feeding???

P.S.: The "OFFICIAL .308 PRECISION LOAD RECIPE THREAD"...   is located HERE.  It's a good resource.
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 10:39:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I was planing on single feeding, depending on how deep I would have to seat them to get them to fit in a modified magazine. It's not going to be for high volume shooting, just to stretch past the 900 yard mark on occasion, even at their cost, buying them for when I shoot past what I can do with 175s is cheaper than switching to 6.5, and when I decide to get a long action bolt gun I can stay with 30 cal and be able to stock fewer componets. I'll ask there, thanks
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 4:03:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AKSnowRider] [#3]
I would start with measuring your chamber and start with a seating depth .005" to .010" off the lands and start with a 5-7% reduced load from a normal mag length 180 bullet and work up... most likely for the first 4-5 loads I would only load a single rd for each just to verify velocity/pressure, then going up 3 -5 rds each to verify pressure/velocity/accuracy.. loading long should allow a higher charge and more velocity.. Go up until you see pressure signs, then load a second rd as needed based on the accuracy results you find in that first round...I would expect loaded long to be able to get 2-3 grains plus higher then book max for a mag length load...

ETA.. Also might want the slower powders for 308...
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 10:55:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Warner has load data on the site and they recommend the 160 gr 308 for shorter mag feed oals.even the 160 should do you good to 1000.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 6:52:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Go Here
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top