Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2021 9:47:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MinnJarhead]
I posted this in GD, but it may get more looks and relevant comments here.   They mention the USMC Sniper MOS may be going away.  Any other rumors to this?  Anyone hear this?

Link Posted: 9/30/2021 9:53:47 AM EDT
[#1]
WTF, would getting rid of Snipers even be a though???
If it is head count and salary, I'm sure there are many other positions or MOSs that could be eliminated or at least combined...

I wasn't able to listen to the audio of the video as I'm at work and on a conf call, so if they explained it there, I missed it.

Link Posted: 9/30/2021 10:40:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Could be lumping in with 0311 w/sniper designation . Not getting rid of snipers but streamline the MOSs. Just a wild guess
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 4:34:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Snipers are always cut after a war is over.

Then next war, someone says "Hey, I have a good idea..." and it takes a decade to get them back.
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 4:58:05 PM EDT
[#4]
We don't need snipers anymore because we are doing everything "OVER THE HORIZON".  Did you guy's not get the email?
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 6:47:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By usmcmp:
We don't need snipers anymore because we are doing everything "OVER THE HORIZON".  Did you guy's not get the email?
View Quote

Nope! Woke they hurt peep's feelinzs... Ya Know the superior intestinal fortitude to be elite.
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 10:16:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Username checks out.
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 12:08:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Take this for what it's worth, but I bet it's being combined with another specialty to eliminate some MOS listings.  MOS can be primary or secondary, and there are some that are overly redundant.  Example:

0321 - Reconnaissance Marine
0324 - Reconnaissance Marine, Parachute Qualified.

0321 is a primary MOS, while 0324 is a secondary.  

Along these lines, 0317 (Scout Sniper) has always been a secondary MOS.  So I wouldn't be surprised if the MOS structure is being simplified, and while the classification and schooling would remain, it would either be tagged to a set of primary MOS listings (say, for example, Recon Sniper and Infantry Sniper) vs a primary/Secondary system.

Just a guess on my part though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top