Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2020 10:12:25 PM EDT
Anyone running a slik or neewer tripod set up? Looking to pick up my first one and not wanting to spend a lot. Will be for range work only to get comfortable shooting off a tripod and practice.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 10:25:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gunslinger03R6] [#1]
I coyote hunt with the slik 700 and reaper grip. Great combo.
highly recommend
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 4:44:57 PM EDT
[#2]
In our group we now have a few of the Neewer CF tripods, they work excellent for both carrying  spotting scopes and for hanging a rifle off for field shooting...zero complaints, and would not hesitate to buy more if we needed them...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 5:49:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: slappomatt] [#3]
how cheap? bogen manfrotto is what I use and they can be had for reasonable prices. also not china is asshole.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 8:28:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AKSnowRider:
In our group we now have a few of the Neewer CF tripods, they work excellent for both carrying  spotting scopes and for hanging a rifle off for field shooting...zero complaints, and would not hesitate to buy more if we needed them...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/404934/C8DE9EDA-F837-4920-AFF6-E3E865774386_jpe-1430986.JPG
View Quote

Yeah these are the ones that I have been looking at. You and jacfrost run them dont you? I believe that's his name.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 9:30:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By cmalone1:

Yeah these are the ones that I have been looking at. You and jacfrost run them dont you? I believe that's his name.
View Quote

Yes, both of us do as well as a few others...
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 11:38:12 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

I'm gonna shoot you a PM if that's okay. There's a couple different models I'm looking at.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 11:09:47 AM EDT
[#7]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cmalone1:

I have 1, as well, but I haven't used it to shoot off of, just for my spotting scope.

I have a Neewer table top, too.
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 5:24:05 AM EDT
[#8]
https://www.precisionriflesolutions.com/apps/webstore/

I have used one of these but I don't own one. It is a silk tripod like you mentioned, but it seemed quality to me, but I don't have the experience with tripods like others here.

Plan on buying one myself in the near future. So I will definitely be checking out all the recommendations here.
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 8:49:09 PM EDT
[#9]

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/404934/C8DE9EDA-F837-4920-AFF6-E3E865774386_jpe-1430986.JPG
View Quote

I was looking at those. What model tripod and what adapter are you using?
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 7:33:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By wjwill:

I was looking at those. What model tripod and what adapter are you using?
View Quote

I use the Newer 63" 33pd rated tripod, no adapter used, my rifles have Swiss-Arca rails on them...

Attachment Attached File

Rifle weighs 16 pounds....
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/23/2020 7:35:46 PM EDT
[#11]

Just ordered 2 of them. One for my camera and one for my rifle. Thanks for the information.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top