Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2019 11:26:22 PM EDT
Looking for a suggestion to or on a effective/efficient way to pack a tripod in the field?

Lashing it to my pack works okay, but I'd like to find a better method for times when I'm not using my pack, or times when I'd like it to be quicker/handier to deploy.

I know Really Right stuff makes the QD "pod collars", but damn does $60 USD per ring sting.

Anyone have a great DIY system?
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 3:18:07 AM EDT
[#1]
My buddy just folds the legs tight, locks the scope down tight and slings the tripod/scope on his shoulder.. all of my tripods (2 Vortex/ 1 Neewer) all came in zip bags that also have shoulder straps on them...might also be able to attach some velcro straps to your pack so its a simple "rip" the velcro and tripod is free...
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 3:20:38 AM EDT
[#2]
My buddy just folds the legs tight, locks the scope down tight and slings the tripod/scope on his shoulder.. all of my tripods (2 Vortex/ 1 Neewer) all came in zip bags that also have shoulder straps on them...might also be able to attach some velcro straps to your pack so its a simple "rip" the velcro and tripod is free...

Might also use some epoxy and just "glue" some QD mount lugs right to your tripod..they make 2 part epoxies like 3M panel adhesive or lords adhesive that is as strong as weld when glueing sheetmetal together...
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 7:50:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3seven4] [#3]
Sometimes I put it in a bag that a folding chair I have came in. The bag has a strap on it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 9:10:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Armageddon gear has one called the "sniper tripod sling"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top