Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2020 10:19:30 PM EDT
Hello folks, I really need some trade advice. I been wrestling with this for a bit now and can’t decide. I have a late 90’s LH stainless Remington 700 BDL LSS 30.06 with a leupold 3x9x40 on it. It’s a really nice rifle but is kinda heavy, condition is good but does have a few minor marks from hunting and such but noting bad at all. I was offered a like new LH Remington LTR in 308 (no scope) straight trade. I have always wanted one of the LTR in 308 and haven’t used the 30.06 in a while. Anyone think this would be a bad trade, should I just pass and buy a new LTR. Any help with this decision would be appreciated. Thanks
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 3:07:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I think rifle for rifle is a fair trade but would keep the scope, or ask for some cash in the deal.

The LTR is a nice rifle so you can't go wrong there.
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 3:32:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wildearp] [#2]
I had an older LTR that shot tight to the day I sold it.  It is by no means..........light.

I carried it in the field for many miles, but today, would choose a lighter rifle.

BTW:  I replaced the LTR with a Bergara.
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 12:52:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I’d keep the 06 and if needed have it glass bedded.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top