Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2023 9:34:53 PM EDT
Today was hot and muggy, but any day on the range is a good day. I had the opportunity to shoot my new Sig Cross, RPR, AERO Precision all in 6.5 and my LMT MWS in 308. The loads were as follows:

120gr ELD Match, 38.3gr Varget, Benchrest LRP, 2.67 OAL

123gr ELD Match, 38.3gr Varget, Benchrest LRP 2.67 OAL

140gr ELD Match, 38gr H4350, Benchrest LRP, 2.82 OAL

147gr ELD Match factory load

175gr SMK, 42gr Varget, Benchrest LRP, 2.80 OAL

All groups are 5 shots with the exception of the first group and the 308 group. The Sig seemed to do well with all the loads. The limiting factor was the reticle which covered the small 1” targets. The gun seemed to like the lighter grain bullets the most and will make a great lightweight hunting rifle. As a matter of fact, the very first shot out of the gun at 25yds was dead center. You can’t do better than that as far as a backyard bore sight goes. I fired the last 4 at 100yds and zeroed from there.

The RPR was a tack driver with the 120gr, shooting a .89” group. The AP was pretty close with the 120gr, but I threw one.

My LMT is just a joy to shoot. That is 7 shots at a pretty rapid pace. I see why it is used by several armies around the world.

I will be pushing these guns out to 200 and then to 800 in a few weeks. I think the 120gr load will be my most used load.

The guns in question.

Link Posted: 9/19/2023 5:52:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like a good day on the Range!

After I looked at your rifles, I looked back at your groups and was not surprised the RPR 6.5 had the tightest group.  My best 100y/5 round group so far is .33 in

Nice comparison with the SIG Cross.  Much lighter rifle, but the RPR is hard to beat for precision.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top