Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2018 9:19:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ChrisNTN]
I was looking into HS Precision M24 Stock for my new Remington 700 AAC-SD .300blackout. Since this is .300 blackout it is throwing me off big time and I'm confused.

What are my options for this rifle being .300blackout?

My plans is to build with the following components:

Optic
Badger Ordnance 30MM Med Height Rings
Badger Ordnance 0 MOA Rail
Badger Ordnance Tactical Bolt Knob
Surefire SFMB-762 5/8”-24 Muzzle Brake
Surefire SOCOM300-SPS 300Blk Suppressor
Bipod

****UPDATE - HS Precision Stocks are installed and pics are in thread. ****
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 10:18:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Just keep it cheap and enjoy it. All that fancy stuff won’t make any noticeable improvements on performance.

Invest your money in caliber that has better range and accuracy. 300blk is fun and I have several but I don’t think about dolling them up.
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 11:30:19 PM EDT
[#2]
The .308 stocks are short action stocks and will work for .223/.300bk with the proper magazine. Your 300 has a 16" barrel so look for a shorter forearm so it looks right.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 12:00:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By robpiat:
Just keep it cheap and enjoy it. All that fancy stuff won’t make any noticeable improvements on performance.

Invest your money in caliber that has better range and accuracy. 300blk is fun and I have several but I don’t think about dolling them up.
View Quote
I'm an incessant tinkerer myself and have a hard time leaving things alone, but I have to agree with you on this 300BO 700.  A friend of mine has one and shoots his can on it most all the time.  It's a neat little rifle.  I have a 16" 300BO AR that I load for and love shooting supers in it...have a 9.5" pistol for the subs.  The 300BO isn't going to benefit from high end stocks and such IMO.  The caliber just isn't geared for it.

That 700 300BO has a more than adequate stock on it for just about anything the caliber is capable of, especially for a bolt rifle.  People can modify and spend money anyway they desire for their personal firearms, but money for a new stock seems a good deal of overkill for this rifle.  I notice your mention of a 20mm scope mount.  With that Mark 4 Leupold, do you believe you'll need one in that application?  I don't think you'll outshoot the elevation of that scope for this rifle and caliber.

As you notice above, I love the 300BO caliber.  I just get the impression with your mods that you're actually shooting for something like a 6.5CM.  As suggested, keep the 700 pretty much as is with minimal investment in glass and such.  It's a great caliber within its envelope and just doesn't require a lot of precision parts to perform.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 9:37:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By robpiat:

View Quote
I kinda have to agree. But a mid range thermal optic and maybe the regular Magpul stock. Then you would have a sweet pig and coyote slayer. Otherwise it seems like you're putting lipstick on a pig.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 10:33:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Pretty much everything that is comparable for a Remington 700 Short Action will work.  The only real difference is the bolt face.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 12:08:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Did some thinking on this from last night till today.

I think that I'm going to do a Badger 0moa mount, Badger Rings, Optic, Badger Bolt handle, Surefire brake, Surefire Suppressor and Bipod. The stock was/is because I don't like the rubbery Hogue Ghillie Green stock.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 4:25:39 PM EDT
[#7]
The nice thing is all the parts are usable on any 700 short action so if your mind changes you could use them on another nice build.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 5:20:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Easy_E:
The nice thing is all the parts are usable on any 700 short action so if your mind changes you could use them on another nice build.
View Quote
That's a good point...totally transferrable to another short action.
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 7:06:44 PM EDT
[#9]
remington 700 aac . 300 blackout  , bell and carlson m40 stock yhm phantom 7.62 can . leupold mk4 2.5 x 8 scope . the factory stock sucks . I ordered my B&C from stockys , I didnt want to bother with bottom metal for a detachable magazine but they will inlet it for you if you let them know at time of purchase  . I uses lil-gun for all my super-sonic loads and 1680 for heavy subs .these rifles are a blast to shoot . they are great for deer hunting in timber .
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 11:19:45 AM EDT
[#10]
You have a short action 700, so any of the chassis or stocks for a short action will work.  
With the chassis look for something AICS mag compatible.  
With a regular stock look for bottom metal that is AICS mag compatible.
Then track down some AICS-type .223/5.56 mags and go have fun.

I have a 300BLK built on a 700 with custom barrel and McMillan stock.  Bottom metal is the Badger for AICS mags.  I use the AI polymer 10 round .223/5/56 mags.

CHRIS
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 10:03:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Cixelsyd:
You have a short action 700, so any of the chassis or stocks for a short action will work.  

I have a 300BLK built on a 700 with custom barrel and McMillan stock.  Bottom metal is the Badger for AICS mags.  I use the AI polymer 10 round .223/5/56 mags.
https://i.imgur.com/vWQi9MP.jpg

CHRIS
View Quote
hey thats pretty sweet . does the bottom metal have to be inletted ? I love my 700 blackout  it is alot of fun and just right for how I hunt .
Link Posted: 5/28/2018 8:39:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Easy_E] [#12]
Originally Posted By Cixelsyd:

https://i.imgur.com/vWQi9MP.jpg

CHRIS
View Quote
That barrel looks shorter than 16" ? I just chopped one to 16 and it looks longer ?Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/28/2018 8:44:14 AM EDT
[#13]

Is that barrel 16" ? I just chopped one to 16 and it looks longer ?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Is that barrel 16" ? I just chopped one to 16 and it looks longer ?
SBR'd at about 11 inches.
Originally Posted By jwb47:

hey thats pretty sweet . does the bottom metal have to be inletted ? I love my 700 blackout  it is alot of fun and just right for how I hunt .
The Badger bottom metal required inletting. I'm not sure about other manufacturers.

CHRIS
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 12:46:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ChrisNTN] [#14]
Thanks for all the replies guys. I found and ordered this (H-S Precision Pro-Series M24 Police Adjustable Tactical Remington 700 BDL SA (Short Barrel) Stock - PST 093). Hopefully it'll be in soon and I can see how it fits. The site that I ordered it from states "It also fits standard 700 SPS and BDL Short Action Varminters, works best with shorter barrels, in fact its featured on the Remington Law Enforcement line of M24 rifles"
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 9:39:42 PM EDT
[#15]
This is what I ended up doing for my blackout. If you watch like new take offs popup on here .

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 11:37:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By sparkyD:

I kinda have to agree. But a mid range thermal optic and maybe the regular Magpul stock. Then you would have a sweet pig and coyote slayer. Otherwise it seems like you're putting lipstick on a pig.
View Quote
Like this?  Rem700 AAC-SD 300BLK in Magpul Hunter Stock with Pulsar Trail XQ38 Thermal Imager and SilencerCo Hybrid

Link Posted: 6/8/2018 9:03:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By BLDTYLRY:
Like this?  Rem700 AAC-SD 300BLK in Magpul Hunter Stock with Pulsar Trail XQ38 Thermal Imager and SilencerCo Hybrid

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4317/35626340790_4dabfcfd82_b.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BLDTYLRY:
Originally Posted By sparkyD:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4317/35626340790_4dabfcfd82_b.jpg
Only thing that photo is missing is slain critters!
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 10:06:35 AM EDT
[#18]
My wife's varmint slayer.

Movie quiet!

Link Posted: 6/8/2018 11:52:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ChrisNTN] [#19]
Well, the stocks came in and I couldn't wait to put them on. You guys have some nice rifles BTW!

My wife's is the completed one in .308.

My .300Blackout will be finished soon enough.

Nice looking set of his and hers . They look a lot better without the Hogue Green Ghillie stocks that I have no idea what to so with now.

Link Posted: 6/9/2018 9:46:22 AM EDT
[#20]
nice looking rifles . I just stuck the houge stock back in a corner of my shop .  it can be used as a spare for another short action .
Link Posted: 6/9/2018 1:36:13 PM EDT
[#21]
I actually sold both my Hogue stock when I move the rifles to AI chassis systems.

Above was the hers. Below is the his...

Link Posted: 6/9/2018 2:48:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Nice Multicam.
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 5:34:19 PM EDT
[#23]
I like the HS Precision stock with the palm swell. Picked one up a while back and recently purchased a used SPS off of gunbroker to put in it. Pics weren’t great but the thing came in a bedded HS stock.
Guess somebody added it so I ended up with a spare HS 5r stock. May have to find another rifle to put in it.
Link Posted: 6/12/2018 12:55:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By ChrisNTN:
Nice Multicam.
View Quote
Thanks @chrisntn.

Both rifes were AAC-SD models. The .300BLK came with a 5R barrel is shoots a really solid group. The .308 shoots well but not as good as the Blackout.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top