Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/29/2018 6:45:40 PM EDT
This is going to be my Texas night hunting rig, and I want a forward top rail for night vision in front of the day scope.
Any stocks or chassis that aren't 800 bucks for something like this?  Being able to take a detach mag as well.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 8:12:15 PM EDT
[#1]
bell carlson, KRG bravo and MDT LSS are my choice.
Brownell currently have 10% off for all howa chasis.
I
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 8:43:59 PM EDT
[#2]
XLR now inlets their Element for the Howa.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 8:54:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I really like my KRG Bravo.  Here's my Howa 1500 in 6.5CM.

They do offer a forward railed for end.  Base price for just the chassis was close to $500 shipped for the howas though.  You'll also need aics mags.

That being said, I'd buy it again.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 9:12:56 PM EDT
[#4]
MPA makes chassis's for the Howa...They will be 7 bills plus, depending on options... but you won't find better quality or innovation...including NV rail stock...they also make a 2.5 pound chassis...
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 1:21:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TobyLazur:
I really like my KRG Bravo.  Here's my Howa 1500 in 6.5CM.

They do offer a forward railed for end.  Base price for just the chassis was close to $500 shipped for the howas though.  You'll also need aics mags.

That being said, I'd buy it again.
View Quote
I just ordered a similar setup in .308, FDE Bravo and a 20" #6 profile barrel. What barrel profile is yours? Hows it shoot?
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 6:18:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Be careful with MDT and Howa, their chassis won't work with polymer mags like the Magpul AICS. I have multiple of those mags.

I went with KRG and love it.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 2:13:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Brownells also makes a chassis for the Howa.  I have a HCR in 243.  Shoots awesome with 87gr VMax!
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 11:31:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Damn, you could have picked up a mdt ess black Friday weekend like I did for under 600 bucks, they have a rail for night vision
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 6:14:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By craig24680:
Be careful with MDT and Howa, their chassis won't work with polymer mags like the Magpul AICS. I have multiple of those mags.

View Quote
I have a MDT ESS with a Howa 1500 300WM.  I use magpul polymer mags with it...
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 7:49:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Doug_262:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Doug_262:
Originally Posted By craig24680:

+1  Works with mine as well.

The metal MDT magazines also work with a bit of filing on the front edge to engage the mag release.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 10:17:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By anon:

+1  Works with mine as well.

The metal MDT magazines also work with a bit of filing on the front edge to engage the mag release.
View Quote
What’s the best way to make the metal mags run?  File the mag, or file the ledge on the receiver? I was able to jump on an ESS during Black friday(hasn’t shipped yet) and can’t wait to get it put together. I also grabbed four of the ten round metal mags and two polymer... just in case I couldn’t get the metal to run.  The prices were nothing short of awesome.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 8:45:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By mchgnxj24:

What’s the best way to make the metal mags run?  File the mag, or file the ledge on the receiver? I was able to jump on an ESS during Black friday(hasn’t shipped yet) and can’t wait to get it put together. I also grabbed four of the ten round metal mags and two polymer... just in case I couldn’t get the metal to run.  The prices were nothing short of awesome.
View Quote
Almost always modify the cheapest part first.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 9:56:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By DH243:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DH243:
Originally Posted By mchgnxj24:

That’s generally the route I take, but it’s kind of a toss up when you’re talking 4-6 mags or a Howa barreled action. If grinding/filing the action is a more reliable or guaranteed  fix, I’ve got no issue making it happen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top