Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2020 11:43:26 PM EDT
What says the hive?  This would mostly be used for bench or prone shooting.

Link Posted: 7/19/2020 11:46:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: USMC88-93] [#1]
Prone absolutely go angled. Presuming you are wanting to remain in position.  Though my response is specific to competitive marksmanship.

Link Posted: 7/19/2020 11:53:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Bench, go angled. I use mine for hunting too and can spend a long time glassing slopes, straight works best for that.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 2:15:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I have an angled Kowa and love it, I would not want a straight.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 8:24:35 AM EDT
[#4]
After ROing many PRS matches I vote straight. As a prone shooter angled.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 1:48:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/20/2020 9:44:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: UnaStamus] [#6]
Angled is a more comfortable design for your neck.  For general use, I recommend an angled design.  This is also easier to use from the prone if you are behind a rifle at the same time, because you can offset it and just turn your head to look.    I run an angled for general observation use, or when shooting alone when I don’t need a milling reticle.

I also run a straight eyepiece spotter for when I’m spotting for other people when I’m standing or seated, or need a milling reticle.  This is for spotting in competition, tactical training or similar where I am moving between targets, or needing to call corrections.  The straight eyepiece is best when you need to maintain a heads-up observation or need to remain situationally aware.
Link Posted: 8/21/2020 1:14:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By UnaStamus:
Angled is a more comfortable design for your neck.  For general use, I recommend an angled design.  This is also easier to use from the prone if you are behind a rifle at the same time, because you can offset it and just turn your head to look.    I run an angled for general observation use, or when shooting alone when I don't need a milling reticle.

I also run a straight eyepiece spotter for when I'm spotting for other people when I'm standing or seated, or need a milling reticle.  This is for spotting in competition, tactical training or similar where I am moving between targets, or needing to call corrections.  The straight eyepiece is best when you need to maintain a heads-up observation or need to remain situationally aware.
View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 8/21/2020 8:05:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Back in the 90's, I bought a Kowa TSN-1 77mm scope. got the straight model.
Used it once, returned it and got the angled.

Angled can do everything a Straight can do. Straight cannot.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 12:52:34 PM EDT
[#9]
always go angled unless you are strictly a spotting scope using hunter.   The straight is a little easier to point and look and find an object in a scope especially hand held.  Angled and hand held did not work well when I tried it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 2:38:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Another-Bill:
I have an angled Kowa and love it, I would not want a straight.)++
View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 9:15:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Angle
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 9:18:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By USMC88-93:
Prone absolutely go angled. Presuming you are wanting to remain in position.  Though my response is specific to competitive marksmanship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgiGb4GFhmI
View Quote

FPNI

Link Posted: 11/1/2020 6:32:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Straight = hunting

Sport shooting = angled
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 10:56:04 AM EDT
[#14]
I prefer straight, it's easier on me in the prone. But that's just me from the sounds of it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top