Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/16/2021 3:19:09 PM EDT
went today to watch one of his videos to reference something I was doing and his channel and videos are up but the sniper 101 series are nowhere to be found. seems that state has determined you should not be able to reference these videos and training.the information war continues it seems.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 4:26:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I have them downloaded
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 4:28:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MudBug] [#2]
Is this it?

https://archive.org/details/TyrantlizardkingSNIPER101
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 5:31:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WE_BE_KILLING_UM] [#3]
that's them, thank you. wonder how long before the anti sniper rifle bill comes out.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:56:10 AM EDT
[#4]
What? No more half hour long videos that tell you nothing about actually how to get into long range shooting, nothing about how to shoot long range, nothing about how to actually do anything at all are now off of YT? Wow. What. A. Shame.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:12:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rob01] [#5]
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:19:40 AM EDT
[#6]
He goes on and on, worse than nutnfancy, but was anything glaringly wrong?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:19:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FritzTKatt:
View Quote
I beg to differ - NOBODY is worse than nutnfancy!  
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:27:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By ballisticxlr:
What? No more half hour long videos that tell you nothing about actually how to get into long range shooting, nothing about how to shoot long range, nothing about how to actually do anything at all are now off of YT? Wow. What. A. Shame.
View Quote

What would you recommend?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:49:34 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

I couldn’t stand to watch his videos. I may have made it through parts of 4-5 videos if friends sent me a link. It just wasn’t worth my time since I wasn’t learning anything from them. Maybe I missed the really good ones. I feel that the best instruction is simplified and he tried to get to in depth with stuff that didn’t matter. Maybe that was for credibility, who knows. In his later videos, he was just posting his opinions, which were very subjective, while shilling for companies. In my opinion, a LOT of those videos contained what I would believe was smoke and mirror tricks.

I will give him credit for putting together all of the vids and the countless hours of editing that he had to do. I’ve thought about putting out some videos to document some of my experiences, but time is always a factor. Just going through and editing my daughters gymnastic events takes several hours.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:11:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Guy was a clown scamming people that didn’t know any better.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:13:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RePp] [#11]
Originally Posted By VooDoo3dfx:

View Quote

You can go on YouTube and find plenty of knowledgeable guys putting out videos. Phil velayo has a bunch and sure that will start you down the rabbit hole of people and channels. Panhandle precision is probably the best one. Guy and his son are at every match. All around good dudes and great shooters. He has a ton of great videos on everything from shooting, reloading, optics etc.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 9:45:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dominion21] [#12]
This series gives a ton of “how to” - especially in the reloading section.  It is one man’s journey to building & tuning a Remington 700, and how he navigates one type of long range competition: F1:

Road to Precision Part III - Rifle Parts and selection

It’s not strictly “sniper oriented.”  

Don’t focus on “sniper oriented.” Focus on accuracy and the knowledge to attain that accuracy with the rifle you own.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 7:12:47 PM EDT
[#13]
His videos are worth less than what you paid for them.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 11:23:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ballisticxlr] [#14]

View Quote
Taking the time and cost to spend 2 days with a real instructor. There are many, I can personally recommend Max Ordinate Academy run by the Hughes'. It's focus is not strictly prone but might lack a bit in the ballistics part. Barbour Creek is a great school to learn about actually shooting but not about positional or ballistics or even equipment. I teach a hell of a ballistics class and a decent long range class if you're ever in South Africa (that's where I teach because it pays for my hunts and kills 2 birds with one stone).

Rex/Matt is a dangerously childish fool and in my opinion he's mentally ill (clinical paranoia) and in need of treatment. He's a thief too... he's been using my software illegally for years, distributing it on USB fobs and telling his students to keep quiet about it. A little birdie told me and then I caught him red handed. Now this might sting but it's the gods honest truth... time to air some dirty laundry.

Here's the straight dope on that maniac scam artist... I used to work with Matt (Rex). To my knowledge he's never taught anyone anything not covered in his videos. He's not an instructor or competitor at all. He's a media personality. When he decided to start his "school" after YouTube demonitized most of his videos he called me first and asked if I'd help in some very specific ways. He and I had made his most successful video and I had just created BallisticXLR and gotten it to a useful point and there was good dovetail between what he said he wanted to do and what I was already doing. We came to an arrangement which involved me fronting my time and expenses until he'd done the first 2 seminars and the first 2 live fire classes and included me traveling to and teaching at his seminars. I also had to go and take a couple classes including an instructors course at Tactical Response with James Yeager. Rex was supposed to go but decided to not and instead sent his emotionally crippled media girl who'd fired a gun exactly twice in her life, her dumb as fuck boyfriend who's total shooting experience was this one time he shot a pistol, and some hippie dude that hanged out with Rex and had no interest in the courses at all.

Matt/Rex's "seminars" were one of the most blatantly dishonest scams I've ever seen and they were not helpful to anyone because most of what they wanted to get out of the seminar was what I was teaching (how to for inputs on ballistic calculators) but Matt only gave me 1hr which made the lessons extremely abbreviated and many students still had a grip of questions which I got to answer after the seminar. Matt actually stated to me on multiple occasions that the seminars were not real classes but opportunities to vet students for the live fire classes. He wanted to feel out and then filter out people he saw as undesirable based on his own paranoid delusional first impression of them. All he was doing was parting 600 bucks from each fool.

Then when it was time for live fire courses, I had to write the curriculum because Paul McCoy was incapable of doing so and failed to create anything for months. Then Paul screwed up the whole venue situation which Rex hadn't been watching either causing the women students to have no toilet facilities so they had to find a tree to get behind when the time came. They were troopers about it but that was stupid and unprofessional in the extreme and he had 6 months to get it done. Then it turned out Paul was a terrible, awful, horrible instructor who couldn't follow a very simply laid out script. So, I took over the first live fire class's instruction and it went fine from there on out. People were satisfied, learned and got to hitting long range steel and they even got to being fast at it and they were really learning how to dope wind but were certainly seeing how much voodoo that skill actually is in practice.

The next class I had to again teach and chase Paul down for months to get the port-a-potty's set up at the venue. It went ok other than Rex being disconnected from everything, socializing with his new fan club and recovering from back surgery as well as being so hung over every day that he himself became a non-stop distraction. The 3rd live fire class took place at MY club and damned near got us shut down. After the weapon characterization stage of the class, Rex asked me to stand aside. Turned out he had a special guest instructor coming in. Ok... fine. I was doing this as a favor anyway and a special someone else might be able to show me a thing or two. Nope... Rex was just pissed at me about a conversation we had months prior where I informed him of how big he was fucking everything up and how he was about to lose me as a business partner and how he owed me a shitload of money and asking him when did he plan on paying up.

Well... after I got sent down the hill Rex proceeded to violate EVERY safety rule you could think of. He also discarded the course outlines and script so it was a disjointed and silly affair all around. To top off the stupid, he brought in Nico Detour as a surprise instructor. It also seemed to have been a surprise to Nico as he had no course outline that he could share with anyone. Now, Nico is a hell of a guy and I like him a lot and I respect him for what he is (a competitor who never seems to win anything ever and a chihuahua of a human with a huge personality in a homunculus's body) but he was not prepared to solo-instruct this class and in essence he built a course that didn't teach anything. He just had people pumping rounds down range trying to walk them into targets. He literally gave the students tasks instead of instruction, which is what happens when you don't have a plan. I'm sure Nico is a decent instructor when he has a course planned but nobody teaches well without a plan to teach. Nico also ignored every single thing that I said to him about how the course was planned so it was a total clusterfuck of confusion and scattered people and a lot of people were in a lot of danger for a lot of the day and nobody learned shit except the 2 guys that learned Primary Arms 4-14x44FFP ACSS scopes are dog shit that Rex fervently promoted.

The best single demonstrator of how bad that class was, it started raining and lightning strikes happening around the valley and at that very moment 25 students were up on top of a hill next to a water tank with Nico just being the highest thing on the landscape. When my Safety Coordinator (who's hands were exceedingly full that day) felt the first drops and heard the first rumble he told them to get down from the hill and they ignored him at the behest of Rex & Crew. We were in the desert, in a lightning storm and there were 25 people on top of a hill by a giant metal can and they were all holding lighting rods. Well, as if God himself were on-call that day, a lighting bolt struck fairly close to the hill-tards and they decided to go ahead and follow directions and deedee the hell down the hill.

Rex and I parted company that weekend. He refused to pay me for my contribution or even for the commercial use of my ballistics services (not just the spreadsheet... I made waterproof DOPE tables for every student, customized to their gun and ammo and even did custom BCs and click values where needed which takes about a half hour per person, meaning I had to work through the night for day2 of any live fire course). He also tried to fuck me out of every dime he owed me.  I told him he'd have to pay or stop using BallisticXLR. He was furious and said he'd make everyone go back to JBM, which was a lie. Eventually we went to lawyers and he paid up like people who are in the wrong eventually have to do.

You want to know why to avoid Rex... he is in my experience and opinion a fucking dangerous, opportunistic, dishonest, bigoted, childish, clinically paranoid, irresponsible, self-important know-it-all that routinely promises things that won't happen and he does not care about his students at all. He cares about himself and only himself. He'll turn on current or former students like a viper, especially for continuing to talk to me or not worshipping him. Rex promotes garbage hardware in exchange for CASH PAYMENTS. His videos got a conversation going but taught nobody anything about long range shooting. His personal shooting accomplishments include NOTHING AT ALL. Nothing he "reviews" is a legitimate honest review. They're paid for every single time. His classes are taught by LITERALLY anyone he can find to fill the slot that's drunk the Rex-Kool-Aid.

Early on I'd drunk the Rex Kool-Aid. I was a fool and was taken in and manipulated to do what amounted to evil, even if it was invisible to me at the time, by a carefully crafted and presented YT personality that had nothing to do with the real deviant and immoral person underneath the surface. After his repeated paranoid delusional breaks, theft of intellectual property, straight up lies and evasions and backstabby bullshit, I learned. Don't trust that man or anyone that continues to associate with him or anyone that has him "review" their products.

Link Posted: 1/30/2021 12:27:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Whew. Quality individual, eh? Instructional style reminds me of a guy in Eastern Ohio, about an hour north of I70. $250 "class" which is really just stroking his own dickego and being a good spotter. At least that guy does have his name in a record book.

I had watched all the videos and they seemed alright. Not always the most detailed, but didn't strike me as obviously bullshit. Is the information blantly flase? Not that I drank kool-aid, but if the concepts are way off, where can I find digestible information in its place?

I lost him with the preaching, and further (still on my YT subs) seeing reviews pop up. Didnt watch the video on the PA scope. Some of the other stuff was obviously sales pitch or showboating and not a how-it-works or real review.

Link Posted: 1/31/2021 11:58:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By RePp:

You can go on YouTube and find plenty of knowledgeable guys putting out videos. Phil velayo has a bunch and sure that will start you down the rabbit hole of people and channels. Panhandle precision is probably the best one. Guy and his son are at every match. All around good dudes and great shooters. He has a ton of great videos on everything from shooting, reloading, optics etc.
View Quote

I'd never seen that guy. Thanks for the reference, I'll work through his videos but seems good so far.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 1:18:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By scrolledandtabbed:

I'd never seen that guy. Thanks for the reference, I'll work through his videos but seems good so far.
View Quote

I see a lot of what I guess would be called social media heros at matches and they think they are hot shit and better then everyone. Sam and Jake are legit good guys and always super nice, humble and willing to help new shooters. Another channel to watch if you want a little more fancy action is impact shooting. Dude makes lots of good videos.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 1:57:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Whew. Quality individual, eh? Instructional style reminds me of a guy in Eastern Ohio, about an hour north of I70. $250 "class" which is really just stroking his own dickego and being a good spotter. At least that guy does have his name in a record book.

I had watched all the videos and they seemed alright. Not always the most detailed, but didn't strike me as obviously bullshit. Is the information blantly flase? Not that I drank kool-aid, but if the concepts are way off, where can I find digestible information in its place?

I lost him with the preaching, and further (still on my YT subs) seeing reviews pop up. Didnt watch the video on the PA scope. Some of the other stuff was obviously sales pitch or showboating and not a how-it-works or real review.

View Quote
The hell of it is that his videos are very highly accurate as a technical matter. The science and math are not, in any place I can recall, blatantly false or even significantly misconstrued. It's just that the information in the videos in many places serves to mislead, though unintentionally. Over-emphasizing things like coriolis and small BP differences while underemphasizing other things. His equipment reviews are as often questionable as legitimate which makes any of his input analytically worthless.

After I separated myself from his universe, he went on to hold a class at which one of his instructors got all ghillied up and hid 300yrds in front of the firing line, and the students, and then started shooting toward them and having the students attempt to spot the sniper in the brush, like he was in a goddamned Harrison Ford movie. When I say he's dangerous. He's really really really dangerous.

Link Posted: 2/2/2021 8:14:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 10:03:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Skg_Mre_Lght:
Phil is a solid dude and a great person IRL.
View Quote

Caylen is a d bag.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 2:15:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 3:22:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 3:58:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Skg_Mre_Lght:
Lol... No kidding?

OP, there are tons of subscriptions available if you don't want to travel and spend the ammo on a class. Jake Vibbert has his JC Steel class which is pure PRS stuff, and has a bunch of modules. That's a good one for precision rifle matches. As stated before, Modern Day Rifleman has a subscription for $40/mo, and Frank over at Snipershide has his online training for $15/mo. There are others as well.
View Quote

Yes he takes shooting and himself way way to serious. He’s that guy at co ed softball that’s ready to fight the ump for making a call he doesn’t like. I shot a match with Vibbert a few weeks ago and not only is he maybe the best shot I’ve ever seen he is beyond nice. One of the best dudes I’ve ever shot with. If you trained with him I bet it would be hard to beat.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 3:11:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: minion42] [#24]
Well this is an interesting thread.

Rex was my first exposure to long range. Haven't watched anywhere near everything he has but it seemed accurate. Kinda fell off when he seemed to get more and more disheveled and nutty. Good to know about his reviews though...he really likes PA and it makes me wary that he's the only reviewer saying they're the equal of NF, etc.

I now pretty much exclusively follow the guys at MDS, Rifles Only, and of course Frank. They all put out great info.

A bit surprised to hear the hate on Caylen. Precision shooting seems like high school. Then again, single impressions aren't reliable. Example: the first two times I popped onto the Hide years ago I ran into Frank, who proceeded to be a complete jerk. Scared me off the site as a young shooter for several months. Came back...same thing. Utterly unprovoked too.

But you know what, I'm not gonna judge him based on an internet interaction. His book, podcast, videos, and track record are outstanding. 'Nuff said.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 5:55:36 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote
That guy won't even shoot matches because he knows he will get his ass handed to him, even though he still talks a lot of shit.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 10:55:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By TeeRex:
That guy won't even shoot matches because he knows he will get his ass handed to him, even though he still talks a lot of shit.
View Quote

Which one, or both?

We spoke about the one in Ohio in PM. Its weird how he seems to truly know what he's doing, but just can't help himself from being an asshole.

The drama in this community is appalling. Bunch of (allegedly) grown men, who are generally doing well for themselves, many veterans, acting like 13yo girls.

I'm glad to hear I wasn't given horribly false information from watching the rex videos.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 10:58:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By TeeRex:
View Quote

I had my ass handed to me at a pot shoot by an old crippled gentleman that had to shoot standing up resting off his crutch. We set him down and each of us shot off his crutch. It was one of the more fun pot shoots. Plus the old fart had a ball.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 11:41:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ballisticxlr] [#28]
All I know of Caylen is from innumerable phone calls over months while he flaked constantly on promises to do one or another thing. I found that getting him to follow through with things he says he'll do is a little difficult. I'm pretty sure that Caylen doesn't have people shoot actually at his students though so he's one up on Rex in my book.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 12:24:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By sparkyD:

I had my ass handed to me at a pot shoot by an old crippled gentleman that had to shoot standing up resting off his crutch. We set him down and each of us shot off his crutch. It was one of the more fun pot shoots. Plus the old fart had a ball.
View Quote

Thats the best part. I love getting my ass beat, as every time the beater has been happy to educate me and it's not as bad next time.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 4:11:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Somehow I am not surprised.
I saw some of his you tube videos, I found one of his videos something about biblical prophecies and apocalypse and realized that the guy was off his fucking rocker.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 11:40:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Rob01:
Yup Frank aka Lowlight from Snipers Hide has some good videos and the online training section at the Hide also.
View Quote

That guy has the worst case of little man's syndrome on the planet.

I wouldn't make it twenty minutes with him.

Would love to take a class with vibbert
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 11:44:00 AM EDT
[#32]
The hell of it is that his videos are very highly accurate as a technical matter. The science and math are not, in any place I can recall, blatantly false or even significantly misconstrued. It's just that the information in the videos in many places serves to mislead, though unintentionally. Over-emphasizing things like coriolis and small BP differences while underemphasizing other things. His equipment reviews are as often questionable as legitimate which makes any of his input analytically worthless.

After I separated myself from his universe, he went on to hold a class at which one of his instructors got all ghillied up and hid 300yrds in front of the firing line, and the students, and then started shooting toward them and having the students attempt to spot the sniper in the brush, like he was in a goddamned Harrison Ford movie. When I say he's dangerous. He's really really really dangerous.

View Quote

@ballisticxlr that was a really interesting backstory on rex. I had always enjoyed his videos because he was showing stuff nobody else covered at the time.

What is his background? Do you know? I always assumed some sort of military training but he never talks about it but kind of alludes to it.

And whoever mentioned panhandle precision was right, I have been watching his videos for a couple years and he's improved my reloading a bunch. Would love to shoot a match with them sometime
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 11:45:28 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 12:05:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By crashburnrepeat:

@ballisticxlr that was a really interesting backstory on rex. I had always enjoyed his videos because he was showing stuff nobody else covered at the time.

What is his background? Do you know? I always assumed some sort of military training but he never talks about it but kind of alludes to it.

And whoever mentioned panhandle precision was right, I have been watching his videos for a couple years and he's improved my reloading a bunch. Would love to shoot a match with them sometime
View Quote
I do know his background but as a matter of respect to all veterans I won't go into it except to say that, in my opinion he overplays the nature of his service in the very way that he alludes to it with bits of important sounding jargon.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 1:39:20 PM EDT
[#35]

That's because you don't know him. Frank is a funny guy and jokes about his height. No little man's syndrome at all. He knows his shit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

That guy has the worst case of little man's syndrome on the planet.

I wouldn't make it twenty minutes with him.

Would love to take a class with vibbert

That's because you don't know him. Frank is a funny guy and jokes about his height. No little man's syndrome at all. He knows his shit.

He might know how shit but he's kind of an ahole.

I have seen him t off on people for literally the most rando stuff.

When they reorganized the website a few months back I couldn't find the left handed sales section and asked where it went on one of the threads.

He told me I could leave the site and never come back 🤣

He might joke about his height, but it's a cover, he's a high strung little shit, smart or not. Or he needs to dial back the caffeine a bit
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 1:45:57 PM EDT
[#36]
I do know his background but as a matter of respect to all veterans I won't go into it except to say that, in my opinion he overplays the nature of his service in the very way that he alludes to it with bits of important sounding jargon.
View Quote

So saying he was on the service and was some sort of marksmen disrespects service members?

Didn't mean to disrespect anyone, he just talks all around the issue and I wondered where his original training came from
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 2:55:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 2:03:47 AM EDT
[#38]

Well having known him for over 20 years and not just on the internet I can say you are wrong. His patience with SH issues has been tried as his PM box is always full. I am a mod there too and believe me the site is not easy to run and keep running. So he might have snapped off at you but have you never done that to anyone?
View Quote

That's fair, and good to hear.  I like the site and didn't leave because the new format was shuffled, but it's easier to support good guys, I'm glad to hear he is one. That's awesome.

I can only imagine how much junk he deals with in a day.
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 10:04:19 AM EDT
[#39]

So saying he was on the service and was some sort of marksmen disrespects service members?

Didn't mean to disrespect anyone, he just talks all around the issue and I wondered where his original training came from
View Quote
No, tard. Dig your head out of your ass for a second. Divulging for discussion the details of a former servicemen's time in service without their permission and when it is not already public knowledge is disrespectful.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 12:45:47 AM EDT
[#40]
No, tard. Dig your head out of your ass for a second. Divulging for discussion the details of a former servicemen's time in service without their permission and when it is not already public knowledge is disrespectful.
View All Quotes

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/9/2021 1:58:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: uglygun] [#41]

Well having known him for over 20 years and not just on the internet I can say you are wrong. His patience with SH issues has been tried as his PM box is always full. I am a mod there too and believe me the site is not easy to run and keep running. So he might have snapped off at you but have you never done that to anyone?
View Quote

Sad to hear how much things have changed.

I bought my 700P 300WinMag from one of the regulars over there back around 2004-5.   Also wound up with some beanbag rests with my username thanks to one of the members.

I wandered over to the hide following some folks over from the Snipercountry Duty Roster.

Looking back I must have been somewhat unssufferable as an overly eager little shit at 20-23 years old.

Read a lot, like overly obsessed with long range shooting.   Went back to Jr College as a math major with the hopes of understanding the ballistics formulas in the back of the Sierra handloading manuals.    Got up through Calc 3 at the Jr College with A's and B's.    Transferred to the 4 year and got the floor wiped with me by "real math" rather than I learned waz relatively soft balled Calc at the Jr College.

Anyhow I became a better shooter thanks to the understanding of math and my exposure to the hide and the duty roster.

Once I no longer had a bullshit job but an actual career path I dropped off the site.   It happened to coincide with a site format change, maybe somewhere around 2008-2010 I want to say.

Was probably one of the more helpful sites around at the time.   Would be a shame if it turned into a bit of a cunty place like a certain 1911 devoted website.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 9:41:34 AM EDT
[#42]
It's actually pretty good. Lot of really great people there now.

I get a lot of stuff from their EE and whenever I have questions, everyone is really helpful. There's a TON of great knowledge there on shooting.

Link Posted: 4/9/2021 9:57:09 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By uglygun:

I bought my 700P 300WinMag from one of the regulars over there back around 2004-5.   Also wound up with some beanbag rests with my username thanks to one of the members.

I wandered over to the hide following some folks over from the Snipercountry Duty Roster.

Looking back I must have been somewhat unssufferable as an overly eager little shit at 20-23 years old.

Read a lot, like overly obsessed with long range shooting.   Went back to Jr College as a math major with the hopes of understanding the ballistics formulas in the back of the Sierra handloading manuals.    Got up through Calc 3 at the Jr College with A's and B's.    Transferred to the 4 year and got the floor wiped with me by "real math" rather than I learned waz relatively soft balled Calc at the Jr College.

Anyhow I became a better shooter thanks to the understanding of math and my exposure to the hide and the duty roster.

Once I no longer had a bullshit job but an actual career path I dropped off the site.   It happened to coincide with a site format change, maybe somewhere around 2008-2010 I want to say.

Was probably one of the more helpful sites around at the time.   Would be a shame if it turned into a bit of a cunty place like a certain 1911 devoted website.
View All Quotes

Buy them books and send them to school and they still color the pages.

You know some of the 1911 guys pioneered long range shooting when bullet choices were less than good. They used optics with external windage and elevation. Now I’m wondering if they trashed the 1873 guys who used vernier sights or the Buffington sight that sucked at best?
The other thing young people have over the last thirty years is the internet for learning material sources that the 1911 shooters didn’t have. Some insulting is just not called for because that’s how lines are drawn and site’s become one sided and pretty soon not worth attending. Just my 0.02’s worth.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 9:57:56 AM EDT
[#44]
I watched a lot of those years ago.  Eh, I had the time to kill.  Seemed like good information to a noob.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 10:06:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By m6z:
I watched a lot of those years ago.  Eh, I had the time to kill.  Seemed like good information to a noob.
View Quote

Agreed.

We truly are our own worst enemy.

Guy puts out videos for free to introduce new people to long range shooting, never claimed to be some tier 1 operator, but yet we still find a reason to hate him because he doesn't enter into and win every competition we think he should.

If his videos are shit, get off your ass and put out better ones. Otherwise, stfu.

Arfcom reminds me of my wife most of the time. She will complain about everything, but has no desire to actually fix it or make it better. Just wants to complain because things are not the way she thinks they should be.

If he put out some bad infomation, grab a camera and make a YouTube video titled (t Rex is wrong, here's how you should do X). That will grow the knowledge base way better than bitching on Arfcom.

Link Posted: 4/9/2021 10:14:53 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By drfroglegs:

Agreed.

Guy puts out videos for free to introduce new people to long range shooting, never claimed to be some tier 1 operator, but yet we still find a reason to hate him because he doesn't enter into and win every competition we think he should.

If his videos are shit, get off your ass and put out better ones. Otherwise, stfu.

Arfcom reminds me of my wife most of the time. She will complain about everything, but has no desire to actually fix it or make it better. Just wants to complain because things are not the way she thinks they should be.

If he put out some bad infomation, grab a camera and make a YouTube video titled (t Rex is wrong, here's how you should do X). That will grow the knowledge base way better than bitching on Arfcom.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By m6z:

Agreed.

If I recall correctly Trex did that with a certain member on here that was rather annoying. But in Trex’s defense he’s added new shooters when we needed them.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 3:05:50 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

Todd Hodnett has some good stuff on there.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 1:09:19 AM EDT
[#48]

Agreed.

View Quote

As stated earlier there is plenty of good dudes putting out good info.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 9:39:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: uglygun] [#49]

Some insulting is just not called for because that’s how lines are drawn and site’s become one sided and pretty soon not worth attending. Just my 0.02’s worth.
View Quote

The insulting of that forum i reference is absolutely called for.

My comment above had nothing to do with whether those fossils gave rise to long range shooting.   To provide some context to your snarky suspiciously defensive post.

Years ago, as in 12-14 years ago, I had a new RIA that was out of spec.   I was directed there by a member here with advanced warning that they do not suffer fools.

What i know now is first hand experience of what the member had warned me about.   They have earned every bit of their reputiation and that their behavior is a long standing known issue.

I got to experience it first hand when I made an account to ask an RIA tech a question in that forum's manufacturers section.

Having a moderator move the thread/question to some other section while talking down to me, also second guessing whether I know how to take accurate measurements, and seeming to invite a dog pile by placing the question in a more trafficed area was an extra special experience.    There are no innocent questions on that forum.

There are forums that do not suffer fools and then there are forums which are just gathering places for arrogant pricks to sit around sniffing their own farts and patting eachother on their backs.

It was not like I went to the site totally ignorant of their low tolerance for fools.  I read multiple pages through multiple sections and never saw anything specific to my question.

20+ years of being a part of firearms forums and I have never experienced something quite like that bunch of extra special assholes that act as if they are Gandolf.

I would hate to hear snipershide was moving that direction.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 9:58:26 AM EDT
[#50]

My comment above had nothing to do with whether those fossils gave rise to long range shooting.   To provide some context to your snarky suspiciously defensive post.

Years ago, as in 12-14 years ago, I had a new RIA that was out of spec.   I was directed there by a member here with advanced warning that they do not suffer fools.

What i know now is first hand experience of what the member had warned me about.   They have earned every bit of their reputiation and that their behavior is a long standing known issue.

I got to experience it first hand when I made an account to ask an RIA tech a question in that forum's manufacturers section.

Having a moderator move the thread/question to some other section while talking down to me, also second guessing whether I know how to take accurate measurements, and seeming to invite a dog pile by placing the question in a more trafficed area was an extra special experience.    There are no innocent questions on that forum.

There are forums that do not suffer fools and then there are forums which are just gathering places for arrogant pricks to sit around sniffing their own farts and patting eachother on their backs.

It was not like I went to the site totally ignorant of their low tolerance for fools.  I read multiple pages through multiple sections and never saw anything specific to my question.

20+ years of being a part of firearms forums and I have never experienced something quite like that bunch of extra special assholes that act as if they are Gandolf.

View All Quotes

Some insulting is just not called for because that’s how lines are drawn and site’s become one sided and pretty soon not worth attending. Just my 0.02’s worth.

So why are you venting here?

Honestly what is your point?

I looked over there once and told a few special people off and never went back. But I’m not going to rip their site because my feelings are hurt. Tiberius Rex posted some pretty good stuff at times but he always stated that his stuff was his opinion.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top