Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2022 11:48:24 AM EDT
I know it's not the hunting forum but I'm sure some guys use their chassis setup for hunting occasionally.

I ordered a christenson arms modern precision rifle and am wondering what kind of sling you guys are using when hunting? I'll be wearing a pack and my binos on my chest. Last season I carried my scar 17 with a quick adjust 2 point on a stalk with my daughter for her elk and once we got her up on the sticks with her gun I went to get my gun off and binos out and was wrapped up in everything from having the rifle slung across the front of me.

What kind of sling is there that you can make use of the qd points on the side but still allows you to shoulder sling the rifle if it's not strapped to your pack?
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 11:55:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 12:28:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gman82001] [#2]
Appreciate it. I'm thinking I'm just overthinking things and just need to get used to carrying it with my pack and bino harness on and learn exactly how to manage all the bs lol.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 12:43:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 1:53:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gman82001] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Skg_Mre_Lght:
Lol.

It's a handful. I do equipment shakedowns like I did in the army when I buy new gear to see how it works with the rest of my crap.

I would probably opt for something with sticky neoprene or silicone to keep it on my shoulder. I have also taken a liking to tucking my rifle under my left armpit with a two point around my neck. It keeps it away from my bino harness and pack straps.
View Quote
I know you said in the 308 thread the other day you have been carrying an ar10 lately how are you carrying it? It's basically the same thing I'd think with non traditional sling setups compared  to a regular bolt gun.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 2:02:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 2:10:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Ok that makes a bunch more sense. I'll give that a try. Man it was a goat rope last year I had my binos wrapped up in the strap and  all while trying to get my daughter setup lol. Thank goodness she has a few kills under her belt because I could not see anything that was happening lol
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 9:24:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I use a savvy sniper 2/1 sling with qd's, if worse comes to worse you can pop a QD and the sling will pull under everything, or if you can reach it, it has a quick buckle on there rear that allows you to completely remove the rifle from the sling when set up as a single point...With that said, I normally don't pack this very far, body is to broken, but my buddy did pack it once to go after some caribou, said it worked fine for a heavy rifle...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top