Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2021 9:10:47 PM EDT
Recently picked up a CZ 457 Pro Varmint. I'm mounting a Vortex Razor LH HD 3-15x42.

Bought it kind of on a whim, picked it up at a LGS and liked it a lot. I didn't have any rings I could use on it at the ready. I'd have to remove a scope from a 452 and didn't want to do that. In looking at mounting options, I came across the Area 419 Picatinny rail adapter with integrated level. I kind of liked the idea of going this route, ordered one in. While I was waiting for it to arrive I came across some 11mm med 1" rings and mounted the scope just to get a feel for it. Got the Area 419 rail in today, and no longer sure I need it.

I've never done much of the type of shooting where I would need a riser. Rarely shoot my rimfire rifles past 75-100 yards. I've shot a couple informal matches at local clubs that went out to 200 yards, but it's been about ten years since I've done that. Recently learned a local club holds NRL22 matches though, and thinking about trying one out.

The med rings get the scope objective just barely off the barrel, maybe a 1-2 tenths of an inch. Using the Area 419 rail (15MOA), even with low rings the scope is going to be higher than it is now. I don't feel like I really need the rail anymore; though I do find the integrated bubble level appealing. I also kind of like the idea of being able to quick attach/release different optics on the Picatinny rail, though I'm not sure how much I'd really do that. I know the manufacturers of those mounts claim a very good return to zero, but it just seems hard to believe it could be as good as a solid mount.

So bottom line, do you guys think it would be worth while to use the Area 419 rail or just stick with the way I have it mounted now?

Thanks

Rifle:

Rail:

Link Posted: 2/9/2021 10:11:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Top Top