Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2020 7:15:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FenixMike]
Took my Scar 20 out for the first time.... im almost in disbelief. I was in a hurry to zero so I could get out to the 1,000 yard range so I only had a couple groups as I was getting on target, but my final group was an impressive .35 inch group! I know I know, only 3 shots, I usually do 5, but I only brought a couple boxes of ammo and wanted to get on steel. Group above was a faster fire group to get it on paper, I took my time on the final group. It was uneventful out to 1,000 as I expected it to be, but the targets on our LE range are larger so its nothing to write home about. When I go home to phoenix on my private range, that's a much more difficult time and worth sending videos. Ammo was Magtech 168 gr Match.

Link Posted: 3/9/2020 1:04:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Mine was fine until the optic started going to hell.  I finally got rid of it.
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 12:12:00 AM EDT
[#2]
With a 1:12 twist rate, I wouldn't expect it to hold a group beyond 800yds, especially with 168s.

It should have a 1:9 twist in my opinion.

I have yet to see a SCAR-17 come through my courses that would stay repeatable past 800yds, and that's up at 6600ft elevation.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 12:14:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice work OP!

Have you been able to purchase any magtech 168 in 2020?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top