Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2018 12:10:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: manki77]
Any thoughts about this rifle - thinking about getting it as a practice shooter for me and my son

Also looking to put an optic on this around the 200 dollar range

Max distance that will be shot is 100 to 200 yards

Also are there any aftermarket stocks for this rifle

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 7:26:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Good video on it if you have not seen.

Savage B22 FV-SR! Precision Rimfire
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 2:47:17 PM EDT
[#2]
good video - looking for more options for replacement stocks and optics
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 3:05:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dace] [#3]
Your best options for the MKII (E receiver) Savage

https://mdttac.com/products/lss-22-chassis-system

https://www.boydsgunstocks.com/

https://www.diproductsinc.com/Products.aspx?CAT=12362

Rigid Allow also has a chassis but their page is down for some reason.

Boyds has the At-One stock which has an adjustable length of pull ("LOP") which is great if you and your son are shooting the rifle.  Lots of cool colors available.

Also consider the below gun given you can easily change the LOP to fit you and then your son:

https://ruger.com/products/precisionRimfire/specSheets/8401.html

Link Posted: 1/18/2018 6:04:54 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks for the responses:

Question - Are the aftermarket stocks for the MKII the same ones to use for the B22
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 6:31:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By manki77:
thanks for the responses:

Question - Are the aftermarket stocks for the MKII the same ones to use for the B22
View Quote
I just looked, it appears the B22 is completely different given it has a rotary magazine.  I really don't know if anyone has aftermarket stocks for them then.  I have a normal FV-SR.
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 6:38:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I see, maybe at shot show some of the major companies will release some

Any good optic recommendation - having a hard time determining what will be appropriate
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 3:59:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Anyone have any ideas for a aftermarket stock for the B22 FVSR

nothing so far from what has released from shot show
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 4:37:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Anyone have any ideas for a aftermarket stock for the B22 FVSR

nothing so far from what has released from shot show
View Quote
Your best bet is to get something else if you want to immediately replace the stock.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 5:59:26 PM EDT
[#9]
yeah i have been looking at the CZ 455 or savage mk 2 due to the after market support
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 8:45:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gsd2053] [#10]
yeah i have been looking at the CZ 455 or savage mk 2 due to the after market support
View Quote
I went with the MKII BTVS first. It has been a great rifle. Very accurate.  The last time shot it it was around 32°. It was very inconsistent.  I'm sure the rifle is fine. I will play with it again soon. The BTVS seems very well built.

Recently I got the CZ 455 Stainless.  It to seems very well made. I am waiting on the scope and rings to see how it shoots. People made the CZ out to be built more like a centerfire with the bolt being way better than the Savage.

The only thing I have noticed is that the Savage mags point the rounds upward a bit at a odd angle. However that is just how it is designed.  My BTVS feeds smooth as silk with a very tight chamber.  The bolt is very smooth after a few hundred rounds. I can chamber the round with the bolt all the way back then pointing the bore straight down then cocking the bolt. I will be very happy if the CZ will out shoot the BTVS if the BTVS Go's back to shooting the way it was. I am sure it will.

Both will serve you well.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 7:48:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Nyle_AR15] [#11]
I've had my B22 FV-SR 22LR for about 5 months now. Won it on a whim off GB for $190 plus shipping. I had to polish the living dog crap outta the chamber with lapping compound. At first I thought it was a tension issue with the band that holds the extractors in place. But after noticing it would extract subs just fine but not standard or high velocity loads then I knew I had a tight chamber. After working the chamber with compound it now extracts everything flawlessly. It's just as accurate as the MKII. The action is ridiculously smooth. Feels like a glass rod riding on top of warm butter. The only thing complaint I have is the rotary mag. It takes some getting used to, it's no 10/22 mag. Overall I'm happy with the rifle. I actually like the factory stock
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 1:57:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Nyle_AR15:
I've had my B22 FV-SR 22LR for about 5 months now. Won it on a whim off GB for $190 plus shipping. I had to polish the living dog crap outta the chamber with lapping compound. At first I thought it was a tension issue with the band that holds the extractors in place. But after noticing it would extract subs just fine but not standard or high velocity loads then I knew I had a tight chamber. After working the chamber with compound it now extracts everything flawlessly. It's just as accurate as the MKII. The action is ridiculously smooth. Feels like a glass rod riding on top of warm butter. The only thing complaint I have is the rotary mag. It takes some getting used to, it's no 10/22 mag. Overall I'm happy with the rifle. I actually like the factory stock
View Quote
Can you go into some details as to how you polished the chamber? I picked up one of these today and after about 50 rounds I started having several failures to extract using CCI standard and a suppressor. I figured polishing would help but not sure how to go about it and how to prevent compound from getting into the barrel and then how to clean it out of the chamber. Would appreciate some insight.

@Nyle_AR15
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 10:23:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By shwa:

Can you go into some details as to how you polished the chamber? I picked up one of these today and after about 50 rounds I started having several failures to extract using CCI standard and a suppressor. I figured polishing would help but not sure how to go about it and how to prevent compound from getting into the barrel and then how to clean it out of the chamber. Would appreciate some insight.

@Nyle_AR15
View Quote
Take a fired case and drill a hole in the back and put a small screw in it. Then apply your lapping compound to outer case wall and insert back into chamber. Then use a long bit with either a Phillips head or straight head chucked in a power drill.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 1:06:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: shwa] [#14]
Take a fired case and drill a hole in the back and put a small screw in it. Then apply your lapping compound to outer case wall and insert back into chamber. Then use a long bit with either a Phillips head or straight head chucked in a power drill.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By shwa:

@Nyle_AR15
Thats a pretty good idea. What did you do to prevent compound from getting into the bore and then what did you use to remove the compound from chamber?

@Nyle_AR15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top