Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2018 2:51:43 AM EDT
Considering ordering one for my 8yr old son for Christmas. He has done very well the last 3 years and it’s time for a step up. Started him on savage 22 single shot bolt action on irons then to 10/22 irons. He shot my BIL savage axis 223 and really like it but the length of pull was a little much. Hoping with the accu stock I could shorting it and help raise his cheek weld to fit him better. It comes with a Vortex Crossfire II 4-12x44mm scope that should serve he well. Was also going add a Harris bipod for him as it will a bench/pron gun due to weight.

Couple questions-

Is there any 10rd mags or Bottom metal conversion to accept 10rd one? This does have the bolt release in front of the trigger guard.

Would a break help him with his size any with recoil, watching and follow up shots or not worth it?

Is this a rifle of decent enough quality and performance to allow him to grow with?
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 1:22:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Ok cool. lol
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 3:39:52 PM EDT
[#2]
There are not 10 round mags available to my knowledge.

I would not get him a brake yet. The concussion could hurt more than the brake helps. Also he would be best to learn proper fundamentals and positioning without the use of a brake first. The snipers hide online videos are a great place to start.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top