Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2018 10:53:27 PM EDT
Anyone have experience with these two models? I've been wanting to pick one of these up for a while, but can't really tell whether the target model is worth the extra money. The target seems to go for almost double the price of the regular model so I'm curious if the difference is worth it. As far as I can tell, the only significant difference is the heavier barrel?

I realize the Precision model goes for almost the same price as the Target but I'm just not really interested in that one.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 8:54:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the American and a friend has the RPR. Mine is in a Boyds stock, other than that it is stock. It has a fixed 10 power scope. The RPR is stock and has a variable power Vortex of some kind. We were shooting out to 100yds a few weekends ago, I think the American is more accurate, might be the scope/ammo/shooter combo, not sure. Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 9:56:00 PM EDT
[#2]
The target version of the Ruger american is , in my opinion, the most accurate of the ruger rimfires, out of box.

I had to bed my RPRR stock and polish the action to make it superior.

The target needed no work.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 10:54:32 PM EDT
[#3]

Target model is great...

Various rimfire ammo at 50 yds.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 11:31:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Is the Target too heavy to be considered a "walking around the woods" rifle?
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 8:06:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top