Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2018 11:38:44 PM EDT
I’ve had my eye on each of these fine affordable rifles, but I just can’t make my mind up. Anyone have any experience with either of these rifles.

I love the fact that the 5.56 version uses AR Mags, and I have 10 rounders on hand, but when it comes to the 7.62X39 version, I believe that platform uses the Ruger mini 30 mags which I have none of.

Is one of these rifles better than the other, and if so, why? Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 12:10:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Have you considered the .300 Blackout model?
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 3:08:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd go with the 7.62x39 and I will some day.

300BO if you like spending shitloads of money on ammo
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 3:34:27 AM EDT
[#3]
I was toying with the idea of a Ranch recently.  I had basically settled on the 300BLK version that takes AR mags with the primary usage being hunting Deer and messing around with subsonics.  The 7.62x39 offers nothing over 300BLK other than cheap steel cased ammo.  If you intend to hunt with it you have a much wider variety of off the shelf rounds to choose from.  Reloading for it is pretty dang cheap due to off the shelf .30cal projectiles and low powder loads even supersonic.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 10:27:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I forgot to mention that I’m also a reloader, so I always enjoy fine tuning a  specific round, but with that said, I’m still not sold on the whole 300 blackout package. For some strange reason I enjoy the concept of 5.56 and 7.62X39 ammo being readily available just about anywhere, affordable, and in many cases available in different pill form. Kind of no brainer if for whatever reason I’m unable to reload due to lack of time.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 11:28:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Beerbellybo:
I forgot to mention that I'm also a reloader, so I always enjoy fine tuning a  specific round, but with that said, I'm still not sold on the whole 300 blackout package. For some strange reason I enjoy the concept of 5.56 and 7.62X39 ammo being readily available just about anywhere, affordable, and in many cases available in different pill form. Kind of no brainer if for whatever reason I'm unable to reload due to lack of time.
View Quote
I get the off the shelf ammo convenience thing.  FWIW I can find 300BLK everywhere now.  It's marginally more expensive than 5.56 from what I've seen.  The specialty rounds are harder to come by and expensive...but that can be said for 7.62x39 as well.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 2:06:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By K1rodeoboater:
I get the off the shelf ammo convenience thing.  FWIW I can find 300BLK everywhere now.  It's marginally more expensive than 5.56 from what I've seen.  The specialty rounds are harder to come by and expensive...but that can be said for 7.62x39 as well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By K1rodeoboater:
Originally Posted By Beerbellybo:
I forgot to mention that I'm also a reloader, so I always enjoy fine tuning a  specific round, but with that said, I'm still not sold on the whole 300 blackout package. For some strange reason I enjoy the concept of 5.56 and 7.62X39 ammo being readily available just about anywhere, affordable, and in many cases available in different pill form. Kind of no brainer if for whatever reason I'm unable to reload due to lack of time.
.300 BO leaves a bit on the table in super sonic loadings to the 7.62x39. Here in the Northwest, I’d feel a bit more comfortable going after cougar and bear with the Soviet cartridge with steel cased soft points. If I was more into handloading, it would probably be less of an issue. If it’s just for a fun short range paper puncher, .300 BO would probably be easier to mess around with.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 2:39:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I have one in 7.62x39.  It’s accurate and it’s correct bore (0.310).

The stock is the weak point, so figure on replacing that if you decide to stay with it.  Having Mini 30 magazines is a ok, I got a total of 3 magazines.   It’s fine having 15 (5x3) rounds in a bolt action.

It has standard threads, and it sounds good suppressed.

Working the bolt is a bit rough.  I personally don’t think I’ll ever shoot this rifle enough to smooth it out.

I thought about the 556, but my ARs are accurate enough and I didn’t see the need to go 556. Although it would be a light weight option.

I’m not into 300BO so that would have been another caliber for me.  So that wasn’t on my radar.  Not a knock against 300BO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top