Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2018 4:50:32 PM EDT
I have a 20 year old AWC modified Ruger with a receiver welded "wrap-around" suppressor that is similar to a bull barrel profile.  Its about 7/8 inch diameter at the muzzle.

I have used the OEM plastic stock all these years with s Shepard 3x9 22 LR reticle.  I'd like to upgrade to a target scope for long range precision work with my sub sonic ammo which falls off the Shepard reticle pattern by 150 yards.

I'd like to get a better stock for it with a high comb so I can use a scope like the FFP Vortex 4-16x44.

McMillan makes a nice one but with suitible options it is over $600.  Probably worth it but I wondered if you folks had any other recommendations.

thanks in advance for your help.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 7:22:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 44-40pro] [#1]
https://www.hogueinc.com/stocks/ruger/10-22/long-rifle/920barrel

I have the simple classic style 10/22 stock for normal barrel with a rather large scope on it. It is a "Sniper brand 6-24x52mm. I know it is a cheapo scope but for $90 nib it was hard to pass up on. I got if for shooting the "Tackdriver" targets from the Rimfire Forum. The stock works a champ and gives a great fit with the scope on it.

The stock I linked for you above is a target thumbhole model with a higher comb for big scope use, and 0.920 sized barrels.. And at $80, not a bad deal. I am very happy with my Hogue. I like the feel of the material and the solid fit of the action into the stock. Check it out, it might be just what you're looking for.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 3:54:33 AM EDT
[#2]
the ruger 77/22 is a bolt action.

I dont see that as an option, just the 10-22 and the center fire rifles.

thanks though.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 9:02:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Boyds makes several stocks for fair prices.

I have a PWS Stingray on my 77/22.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 5:24:56 PM EDT
[#4]
The Boyds AT-One looks like it will work though I will have to enlarge the barrel channel about 1/16 to 1/8 inch.  Boyds says that will cancel the warranty but the receiver and forearm appears to be large enough to handle a one inch diameter in first 9 inches of forearm.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top