Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2019 12:26:54 AM EDT
Trying to decide on a Triggertech Diamond or a Jewel. With no bolt release on the Diamond how do you remove the bolt? Does it just go old school where you just pull the trigger and slide the bolt out or is there a different trick? Is the Jewel really worth the extra coin?
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 12:46:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AKSnowRider] [#1]
You take the bolt release lever off the old trigger and install it on the new one..or at least thats what I did. (mine is not the diamond..its the special)...I had an old jewell on my 7mm years back, like the trigger tech much better..it is now my favorite trigger...

ETA..I just looked, the diamond says no bolt release...might call and ask them..
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 7:01:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: popnfresh] [#2]
I have nearly 9,000 rounds with the Jewell in my 700. I'm happy with it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 7:16:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Asked a question on triggertech facebook page and here was the answer I got......

"Sorry our diamond is for cloned actions only and not compatible with factory rem700s. Which is why we do not offer it with a bolt release sorry"
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 7:18:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Jewell is nice.  I have one, but if you want something better, maybe even better than the Triggertech, check out Bix'n  Andy.  They are incredible.
https://precisionrifleblog.com/2019/01/20/best-trigger/
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 10:28:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Jewel triggers properly set up are works of art.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 10:37:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 10:58:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wildearp] [#7]
Timney functions like the OEM for bolt removal and safety.  I installed two and they are excellent triggers.

I also installed an X Mark Pro and it is every bit as good as the Timney.

Some Geissele follower will pipe in soon to tell you how much better their 700 trigger is than the ones that have been on the market for decades.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 1:53:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By wildearp:
Timney functions like the OEM for bolt removal and safety.  I installed two and they are excellent triggers.

I also installed an X Mark Pro and it is every bit as good as the Timney.

Some Geissele follower will pipe in soon to tell you how much better their 700 trigger is than the ones that have been on the market for decades.
View Quote
I just purchased my first Geissele a month ago, the Super 700. I cannot compare it to anything other than a stock trigger but it is very nice and was simple to install.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 5:12:06 PM EDT
[#9]
My brother has the Timney and it's been fantastic.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 11:42:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Well I needed to get my muzzle brake ordered so I ended up ordering the Calvin Elite. It was on my list as well so that was where I ended up. Thanks for the responses
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 1:24:49 AM EDT
[#11]
I'd go with the jewell
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 2:04:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rob01:
Take a look at the Timney Calvin Elite. Very nice triggers and can use on a 700. Not as finicky to dirt and dust as a Jewell.
View Quote
I have a Jewell and a Calvin and I agree.

I've never tried a TT.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top