Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2022 4:19:30 AM EDT
Remington firearms is now RemArms as some know. How are their bolt action rifles? Is it too early to tell?
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 8:26:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 5:49:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rob01:
They weren't that great before and going downhill from years back so I wouldn't be dropping money just yet.

What are you looking at?
View Quote

The company is under new ownership. That's why I'm wondering what the quality is now.

I'm looking at the .308 bolt action with the heavy 20" barrel.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 5:59:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Only one true way to find out.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 7:30:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By ark-and-spark:
Only one true way to find out.
View Quote

If the new company is building rifles that are the quality of Remington from '07 to when it went bankrupt, I'll avoid taking that risk. That's my motivation for starting this thread.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 7:40:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Its the same guys on the same equipment(if made in Ilion) as it was before. If they arent pressed for orders & forced to send out shit they know they shouldnt be, you should be OK. If this new group is running it like the previous owners, you're rolling the dice. IMO.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 8:22:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I have seen exactly one. A 700 in .30-06.  Fake parked finish,  (Same stuff they were putting on the bargain basement 870s, but a lot thicker) bolt is rough but useable, (That parking stuff again) , trigger is alright.  Rifling looks good, stock is a little stiffer than the American. Standard blind magazine.

Price was $490.   I'd put it as better than the Axis, Patriot and T/C Compass and about equal to the Ruger American.

The bolt would clean up great with a little polishing paste and cycling it a few hundred times.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 9:18:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By John-in-austin:
I have seen exactly one. A 700 in .30-06.  Fake parked finish,  (Same stuff they were putting on the bargain basement 870s, but a lot thicker) bolt is rough but useable, (That parking stuff again) , trigger is alright.  Rifling looks good, stock is a little stiffer than the American. Standard blind magazine.

Price was $490.   I'd put it as better than the Axis, Patriot and T/C Compass and about equal to the Ruger American.

The bolt would clean up great with a little polishing paste and cycling it a few hundred times.
View Quote

The Ruger American is in the budget rifles category. A 700 should be superior to that. RemArms 783 is the model that competes with the Ruger American.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 9:20:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By ICU:
Its the same guys on the same equipment(if made in Ilion) as it was before. If they arent pressed for orders & forced to send out shit they know they shouldnt be, you should be OK. If this new group is running it like the previous owners, you're rolling the dice. IMO.
View Quote

I thought they picked up and moved down south. I didn't know they were still being made in Ilion.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 10:39:55 PM EDT
[#9]
They are running on a name.  All bad management.  It will collapse again.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 8:02:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Nothing2CHere:
They are running on a name.  All bad management.  It will collapse again.
View Quote

Do you have some inside information? I thought they were working to back on track to their quality of the past before that investment company took over in 2007.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 2:21:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By peacematu:

I thought they picked up and moved down south. I didn't know they were still being made in Ilion.
View Quote

There are still a couple lines running. It looks sad compared to the days when they were making several brands, but the front lot is still full of employee vehicles. I do miss the museum & gift shop. The deals I found in the gift shop, like brand new pelican cases for $60 & magpul rifles stocks the same. Lots of other stuff over the years too. I hope they get back to putting out a respectable product.
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 1:11:57 AM EDT
[#12]

There are still a couple lines running. It looks sad compared to the days when they were making several brands, but the front lot is still full of employee vehicles. I do miss the museum & gift shop. The deals I found in the gift shop, like brand new pelican cases for $60 & magpul rifles stocks the same. Lots of other stuff over the years too. I hope they get back to putting out a respectable product.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By peacematu:

They're making bolt action rifles there? The 700 or both that and the 783?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top