Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2020 1:01:52 PM EDT
All my reloading manuals are ~2012 era and older. I'm wanting some new manuals the cover 6.5 Grendel, 300 AAC, 6.8 SPC and 224 Valkyrie (350 legend too but I doubt any in print has anything on this one).

Descriptions of newer manuals are lacking, anyone know of manuals that have all or most of these newerish load data in them?

The Lee manual I see says revised 2019, boasting newer powders, but have no idea what calibers, if any, they've added since the original 2nd revision.

Speer book 15 is from 2018 I believe, and Hornady is from 2017/2018, somewhere around there.
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 1:31:16 PM EDT
[#1]
subscribed for answers. all my stuff is from 2012 as well
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 1:40:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Try this.

https://www.barnesbullets.com/load-data/
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 1:50:37 PM EDT
[#3]
The Lee manual is not original developed data. Just copied and reprinted.

The Berger manual is sort of old
The Sierra is about year old
The Lyman 50th is a few years old
The Nosler is few years old
The Speer is a few years old

You can avail yourself of newer data by asking the OEM of the bullets or powder from Hodgdon, VV, Western Powder, and Alliant web sites you are using.  Check their web site for Load Data updates!
Look on the Hodgdon web site.
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 2:38:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By rn22723:
The Lee manual is not original developed data. Just copied and reprinted.

The Berger manual is sort of old
The Sierra is about year old
The Lyman 50th is a few years old
The Nosler is few years old
The Speer is a few years old

You can avail yourself of newer data by asking the OEM of the bullets or powder from Hodgdon, VV, Western Powder, and Alliant web sites you are using.  Check their web site for Load Data updates!
Look on the Hodgdon web site.
View Quote
Yeah, I do use their websites for load data. Just wanting some new manuals.
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 6:41:21 PM EDT
[#5]
2012 loading manuals?
I have some from the 50's-60's. Sometimes you need load data for a .218 Bee or Donaldson Wasp.
I think your best shot is find something on line then choose one the company that has the most info.
I don't think people want to read "Books" any more.
I had a large number of older gun related gun books, a lot out of print most very expensive when new. I ended up taking them down to the local
gun store and told the owner put them up for free, ask for a  donation for a second amendment cause.
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 3:31:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Was on midsouth's website and the Sierra 6th edition manual has load listing for all the loads I was looking for less the 350 legend.  Sierra was nice enough to list all calibers covered in that manual.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 7:47:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Got the lee manual coming. I liked my original 2nd edition. On Lee's website, it appears they list what calibers are covered in the previous 2nd edition, revised 2016, it shows 300AAC, 6.8 SPC and Grendel/Creedmor. I'm supposed to be getting 2019 revision and hope 224 is in it, we'll see.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 7:53:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Hornady 9th and Lyman 50th have all you listed except Valk and Legend
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 1:26:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By JoeMal:
Hornady 9th and Lyman 50th have all you listed except Valk and Legend
View Quote
Does that Hornady manual have actual powder/load data, or just ballistics tables?
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 1:38:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By CRracer_712:

Does that Hornady manual have actual powder/load data, or just ballistics tables?
View Quote
Actual powder and load data
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 2:05:22 PM EDT
[#11]
sometimes you can find clean used reloading books on ebay or amazon

I like the new Sierra book
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 2:30:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Lyman 50th sucks compared to 49th.  A number of their loads look like they were lawyer-reviewed as too icky and changed to lower charges.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 5:02:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lazyengineer] [#13]
Looking forward to more replies.  I've been pretty disappointing of late.  I mostly run LT32, 8208, AR-Comp, 4166, CFE, and Re16.  All of which are rather recent powders.   I run a lot of 6.5 Grendel and 6.5 Creedmoor.

Most of my manuals are next to useless.  Last year I went out and bought the most recently released manual I could find, which was the Nosler manual.  Which I found woefully inadequate.  As to Lee, it's OK - but for the most part all he does is compile the on-line data into a book.  There's very limited actual info in there, and sometimes seemingly random load behavior, where heavier bullets will have larger charges at times than lighter bullets.  I like manuals that list several different chargers per bullet, to give a bit of a feel.  I've found Hornady's load data to be almost silly-timid at times.

My best results have been to just go download the .pdf and print the full manual from Accurate (Western).  It's actually pretty good and the pdf is in the form of a complete reloading manual/book.  It has all their modern powders in the latest cartridges.  I also bought the Hodgdon annual magazine style reloading powder book, which is also quite good.  I wish they would make that available as 1 free .pdf, like Western does.  Between those two (and the internet for "some guy" quality data); that's pretty much been my best result so far.

One thing I really liked about printing Western (Accurate) manual, is they list .223 load data, and then list 5.56 load data.  I found this quite helpful.  Accurate powders don't have the market-share of Hodgdon, but I do quite like their TAC and LT-32, which are in there.  As is 4064, which actually isn't a half-bad powder.  They make a 4350, but I can't comment how that compares to the popular Hodgdon 4350.

https://blog.westernpowders.com/newest-reloading-data/
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 11:51:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Got the 2019 revised Lee book, no Valkyrie in it, but has everything else(less legend obviously). Need to get the hogdon annual manual. I'll check out the accurate PDF.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 12:24:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By CRracer_712:
Got the 2019 revised Lee book, no Valkyrie in it, but has everything else(less legend obviously). Need to get the hogdon annual manual. I'll check out the accurate PDF.
View Quote
http://www.hodgdonreloading.com/data/rifle has Valkyrie

The new SIERRA book does also

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top