Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2018 5:06:44 PM EDT
It's slick. Highly recommended. I load 308, and has to run my dies in an extra 1/4 turn and turn my necks down just a few thousandth more, due to what I assume is a tight chamber but this thing rocks! The trigger is sweet, 4lb zero take up zero overtravel POF trigger, dual nylon receiver tension screws, adjustable gas system that works 100% on suppressed normal with my AAC 762SDN6, with 147gr surplus ammo she's a 3moa gun. With Winchester super x 150 Spitzer point boat tail I'm at 1.5 moa. Yet to try 168gr matchking loads and FGGM. The only gripe I have is the stock is an cheap mission first with that stock/buffer tube rattle ARs are known for. Not the buffer tube twang, but the stock to tube slop. Also the receiver is higher than normal, so you need a higher check weld than normal. Interesting note, in fitting a 308 magwell into a ar15 lower receiver, the fire control group and grip is pushes rearward a full 2 inches or so. That being said, I know some folks say the law side fold adapter increases LOP, some to an undesirable amount, but I believe this FCG/grip placement will nullify the LOP change from the law. So bottom line I'm looking for stock suggestions. UBR is cool, and I love the rapid extension to preset LOP idea, but it's heavy. Ideal stock would have rapid extend to preset length or pull, adjustable check rise (Larue RISR is an option), friction lock to tube of some sort to nullify stock to tube play, and LAW side folder compatible. Thoughts?
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 9:54:08 PM EDT
[#1]
The FCG and pistol grip is only around .6" to the rear relative to a standard AR15.

Frank said there are only 9 parts different.

I wish it came with a standard height upper and streamlined float tube.

Would be really slick in 6.5 Creedmoor.

He's using a tight-fit barrel nut to contribute to hoop stress containment, with really thin chamber walls in the barrel.

I think using a thread type like the WOA M4 competition extension would make a lot of sense, although I don't know what threads he used for barrel tenon-to-extension mate-up.  A smaller thread depth without the relief cut would help contribute to hoop containment.

The bolt is AerMet alloy, with a much wider extractor and one of the lugs absent from the barrel extension if you look inside.

Frank said he had the idea many years ago, but was afraid to do it then.  He finally broke down and dusted off the design work, cranked some out for testing.

They've done a lot of full auto testing using Wolf steel case, as well as subsonic suppressed with no changes to the rifle.

It's an interesting option in the world where smaller, lighter, more compact is trending in the AR15 and rifle world in general.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 9:09:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Just wish they would come out with the 300wm already.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 12:08:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By azmp5:
Just wish they would come out with the 300wm already.
View Quote
I second this
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 8:57:24 AM EDT
[#4]
[b]Also the receiver is higher than normal, so you need a higher check weld than normal.
View Quote
If you're mounting a scope use rings instead of a cantilever mount.
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 1:40:09 AM EDT
[#5]
What buffer and spring is being used?
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 8:12:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Proprietary according to the POF Revolution user manual.
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 2:16:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By LRRPF52:
I wish it came with a standard height upper and streamlined float tube.

View Quote
This ^
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 2:33:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I love mine, so light... a bit harsh recoil tho..

they are making a DI version too, should be even lighter ( and way dirtier)

Link Posted: 11/3/2018 9:35:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Talyn] [#9]
I wish POF offered it in a 18" barrel.

IMO the 18" Edge has a stock I'd just toss and replace with a CTR since it's way too big & bulky.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 10:25:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Sighting in at the range with the POF Revolution 14.5" .308 with a Steiner Military M5xi 5-25x56mm in a Larue Mount from @third_coast_thermal
The mount is a @deadairsilencers
KeyMo mount system.  Generally a Sandman L will be on this rifle.  Rough sight in continues as does the barrel break in and function testing.

Sighting the initial sight in with Portugese NATO  147gr surplus

In the rack at the cease-fire
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 1:26:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Added two Mlock rail sections so the Revolution could work with the Kopfjager ReaperRail and the Selph Arms Brass Hog brass catcher.

The POF Edge rail system.

Installing the Magpul MLock rail sections

Kopfjager ReaperRail

Checking the fit of the Rok Straps 2 point non slip sling.

The Revolution on the Kopfjager ReaperRail with a Rauch Precision Tripod Hammock.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 9:44:12 PM EDT
[#12]
To revive a dead thread, what kind of group are you guys getting out of yours?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top