Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2022 7:33:17 PM EDT
Who has firsthand experience hunting with Nosler AccuBond Long Range Bullets?  I need something both accurate and sturdy upon impact for elk.  I have read mostly positive reviews on Midway USA, but it does seem like a highly frangible bullet, unlike the standard Accubond design.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 7:42:59 PM EDT
[#1]
The 140 grain Accubonds I use in 6.5x55 are deadly on deer, the 260 grain Accubonds I loaded in .375 H&H are quite accurate, Elk doesn't open until Sept here I have no doubt they'll be very effective.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 8:31:09 PM EDT
[#2]
There are some youtube videos of shooting the ABLR in gel blocks.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 8:40:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Thx.  I found this; I like the added layers of leather and PVC plastic to simulate bone; 25 inches of penetration in gel for a 6.5mm Creedmore and 142 gr. ABLR:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ8rYvxOJQA
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 2:30:35 AM EDT
[#4]
We have had a few people use them on elk. I personally prefer the standard Accubond for elk over the LR as they do hold together a little better.  We prefer our clients use at least a 160 grain minimum projectile for elk at a minimum impact velocity of 2000.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top