Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 3:32:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BoxofRox:

Just on the shelf? Or were they ordered in for someone?
View Quote
In stock! One standard, one special edition with shorter barrel
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 3:52:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By saabdrifter:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Just on the shelf? Or were they ordered in for someone?
Are you in the truck driving there yet?
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 5:26:25 PM EDT
[#3]

View Quote
COST?
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 10:20:33 PM EDT
[#4]

View Quote
I don't get it....you didn't buy one?
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 5:48:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 11/22/2017 7:08:43 PM EDT
[#6]
What caliber? how do you like the operation (bolt work, etc.)
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 7:43:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By mark5pt56:

What caliber? how do you like the operation (bolt work, etc.)
View Quote
That box of ammo leads me to believe its  338 lapua.....or 308.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 8:17:54 PM EDT
[#8]
6.5 creedmore?
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 8:55:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Dodge223:
6.5 creedmore?
View Quote
I would say so from the looks of the rounds in one of the mags and the barrle length..
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 8:57:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Blaster7R:

I would say so from the looks of the rounds in one of the mags and the barrle length..
View Quote
It can only be that or 308.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 9:13:57 PM EDT
[#11]
No could be 338 creedmore too.....
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 9:20:58 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm pretty sure the factory ones that came with the Tan "minQ" furniture are 6.5 Creed.  Granted, moneybags could have other barrels too
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 10:18:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Its a 6.5 CM, the FGGM is for my Tikka 260 we shot against it head to head.

Pros, it's lightweight and the bolt throw is super short. With use it will slick up more. The trigger is good, maybe not excellent but good regardless. The accuracy is very acceptable, we used Hornady match 143 eldx.

Cons, the stock is uncomfortable, the narrow and hard cheek piece and the recoil pad made it surprisingly sharp through recoil. Better position helped but still kicked more than I expected. The controls are cramped, could be a combination of My large stature and the rifles controls but I still felt cramped on the gun. I also had the lop all the way out, this could be alleviated by pushing the scope farther forward but not a huge problem. Also had some small issue with it failing to feed the first round off the mag, not sure of it was out unfamiliarity or what but not a huge issue regardless.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 11:13:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By ACPjunkie:

Pros, it's lightweight and the bolt throw is super short. With use it will slick up more. The trigger is good, maybe not excellent but good regardless. The accuracy is very acceptable, we used Hornady match 143 eldx.

Cons, the stock is uncomfortable, the narrow and hard cheek piece and the recoil pad made it surprisingly sharp through recoil. Better position helped but still kicked more than I expected. The controls are cramped, could be a combination of My large stature and the rifles controls but I still felt cramped on the gun. I also had the lop all the way out, this could be alleviated by pushing the scope farther forward but not a huge problem. Also had some small issue with it failing to feed the first round off the mag, not sure of it was out unfamiliarity or what but not a huge issue regardless.
View Quote
I thought they looked tiny from the first time I saw them online. How tall are you? I’m 6’5” and by the looks of it, there is no way in hell im getting behind that gun comfortably.

The recoil was bound to be greater than a normal bolt gun due to the weight (or lack there of) of the rifle. One of the pros to those 15lbs tanks and heavy contoured barrels.

Did you shoot any reloads? Over on the hide, a guy was reporting sticky bolt lift with moderate reloads. These may not do well with those who like to get everything possible out of their rifle/caliber. Seems to be built with factory ammo in mind.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 11:55:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By RangerJoe11:
I thought they looked tiny from the first time I saw them online. How tall are you? I’m 6’5” and by the looks of it, there is no way in hell im getting behind that gun comfortably.

The recoil was bound to be greater than a normal bolt gun due to the weight (or lack there of) of the rifle. One of the pros to those 15lbs tanks and heavy contoured barrels.

Did you shoot any reloads? Over on the hide, a guy was reporting sticky bolt lift with moderate reloads. These may not do well with those who like to get everything possible out of their rifle/caliber. Seems to be built with factory ammo in mind.
View All Quotes

This is all somewhat concerning, I've been putting off a custom bolt gun for years because I couldn't make up my mind, so I went ahead and ordered The Fix for a lightweight and custom level gun. I hope it doesn't disappoint, I have almost 3k in an optic and mount for the rifle, so I'd really like The Fix to perform.

Plan B is a Bighorn action, Manners carbon stock, and a Proof barrel. We'll see how it goes.
Link Posted: 11/23/2017 12:17:40 AM EDT
[#16]

This is all somewhat concerning, I've been putting off a custom bolt gun for years because I couldn't make up my mind, so I went ahead and ordered The Fix for a lightweight and custom level gun. I hope it doesn't disappoint, I have almost 3k in an optic and mount for the rifle, so I'd really like The Fix to perform.

Plan B is a Bighorn action, Manners carbon stock, and a Proof barrel. We'll see how it goes.
View Quote
Keep in mind that is one rifle, so nothing to get worried about yet, just something to keep an eye on. He had sticky bolt lift but no other signs of pressure. Even still, he didn’t shoot his hotter loads.

I’m sure the rifle won’t disappoint. Especially, if it fits the style and has the features you require. They are neat guns with some cool features for sure.

On the other hand you can’t go wrong with Bighorn. I have a TL3 and manners T6 currently. Just awaiting my PVA barrel. I favor the more conventional bolt actions, though.
Link Posted: 11/23/2017 12:29:24 AM EDT
[#17]

Keep in mind that is one rifle, so nothing to get worried about yet, just something to keep an eye on. He had sticky bolt lift but no other signs of pressure. Even still, he didn’t shoot his hotter loads.

I’m sure the rifle won’t disappoint. Especially, if it fits the style and has the features you require. They are neat guns with some cool features for sure.

On the other hand you can’t go wrong with Bighorn. I have a TL3 and manners T6 currently. Just awaiting my PVA barrel. I favor the more conventional bolt actions, though.
View Quote
The tight size of it won't bother me, but the possible issue with hotter loads will definitely be on my radar now. I've had bolt guns over the years but this is my first dive into top notch, precision oriented stuff. It'll be packed on hunting trips and shot at 1k often, I'll put some time in behind it once I get mine and decide where to go from there.

I'm still naive on what mags to use though, since I'd like to load the 6.5 rounds as long as I can, but the AR10 mags aren't very large I've heard, not like AW stuff.
Link Posted: 11/23/2017 8:42:14 AM EDT
[#18]
We didnt shoot any reloads, mine gear is all boxed up and the owner doesnt partake. I will say that we experienced slight cratering of the primers when using the Hornady Match 143 EDL-X. However that was the only sign of higher pressure I saw.

I'm 6'3" and 259, so definitely not a small dude. My only direct issue that I would change immidiatly would be the pistol grip to something with more purchase.
Link Posted: 11/23/2017 8:45:45 AM EDT
[#19]

These may not do well with those who like to get everything possible out of their rifle/caliber. Seems to be built with factory ammo in mind.
View Quote
I would say that this rifle was very much designed to work with factory ammo primarily. Between the tight chamber, the shorter than ideal barrel and the AR10 magazines you arent going to see the barn burner loads do too well in the rifle.

However, I'd say that is fine for 90% of the precision shooting public. I went out to a mile plus using factory 140 260 ammo, it works good enough.
Link Posted: 11/23/2017 9:19:48 AM EDT
[#20]
I would say that this rifle was very much designed to work with factory ammo primarily. Between the tight chamber, the shorter than ideal barrel and the AR10 magazines you arent going to see the barn burner loads do too well in the rifle.

However, I'd say that is fine for 90% of the precision shooting public. I went out to a mile plus using factory 140 260 ammo, it works good enough.
View Quote
I agree. On other sites people were giving them hell for some of the choices they made, magazine as an example. I was kind of questioning it as well but if you look at their marketing and what the rifle is it’s obvious they aren’t targeting the hardcore PRS/precision shooter who is looking to squeeze every oz out the rifle.
Link Posted: 11/23/2017 10:22:31 AM EDT
[#21]
I used to be pickier about that kind of stuff, but this is a decent compromise.
Link Posted: 11/23/2017 11:10:14 AM EDT
[#22]

I agree. On other sites people were giving them hell for some of the choices they made, magazine as an example. I was kind of questioning it as well but if you look at their marketing and what the rifle is it’s obvious they aren’t targeting the hardcore PRS/precision shooter who is looking to squeeze every oz out the rifle.
View Quote
That's definitely my biggest issue as well, it would have been easy to make it take AW mags, but it doesn't seem like that's their plan. Even though it's a $3k rifle they are trying to appeal to the masses. After really thinking about all this I'm unsure if this will be the perfect tool for me. I was hoping it would be. I might have to get a PST gen2 for this and save the HD AMG for a custom build.
Link Posted: 1/5/2018 8:53:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BoxofRox] [#23]
First on the forum? It's definitely nice, I'll be shooting it soon. Got some factory 143gr eld-x ammo for velocity and accuracy testing before I start the handloads.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/5/2018 8:59:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/5/2018 10:09:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By ziarifleman:
View Quote
2 more weeks!
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 2:03:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Fuckin’ A!

I really want to handle one!
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 2:44:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Right on man!  
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 4:10:54 PM EDT
[#28]
First on the forum? It's definitely nice, I'll be shooting it soon. Got some factory 143gr eld-x ammo for velocity and accuracy testing before I start the handloads.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/277473/IMG_20180105_163702_181-412055.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/277473/IMG_20180105_163702_183_1_-412057.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/277473/IMG_20180105_163702_186_1_-412059.JPG
View Quote
Update????????
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 6:14:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BoxofRox] [#29]
Originally Posted By CDM1972:

Update????????
View Quote
Ran through the 40rds I bought on steel ranging from 500-1000. At 500 it was very consistent and accurate, at 1k I was having a tough time keeping it on an IPSC torso. I'll chalk it up to needing a level, bipod, and handloads.

I have yet to start handloading, but will start soon. Plus, I need to get steel mags, I had some feeding issues that I am blaming on the mags.
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 9:15:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 9:22:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Ran through the 40rds I bought on steel ranging from 500-1000. At 500 it was very consistent and accurate, at 1k I was having a tough time keeping it on an IPSC torso. I'll chalk it up to needing a level, bipod, and handloads.

I have yet to start handloading, but will start soon. Plus, I need to get steel mags, I had some feeding issues that I am blaming on the mags.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CDM1972:

Update????????

Don't bother with ASC mags.  LaRue 7.62 mags allow the longest COAL and they work very well.
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 10:05:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By rob78:

Don't bother with ASC mags.  LaRue 7.62 mags allow the longest COAL and they work very well.
View Quote
That's the plan, KAC or LaRue.
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 10:06:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 7:47:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By ziarifleman:
Yours?
View All Quotes
Yep. Pre ordered model with matching serial Trash Panda. Serial well under “75.” I’ve had it about two months now. Probably another five months before I can bring home the Panda though.
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 10:12:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Colt_sporter:

Yep. Pre ordered model with matching serial Trash Panda. Serial well under “75.” I’ve had it about two months now. Probably another five months before I can bring home the Panda though.
View Quote
Looks good. I'm glad they're finally getting them out there and off Instagram.
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 11:56:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Colt_sporter:

View Quote
Nice, I'm still waiting on the form 3 to go through for my Trash Panda, seems like it'll be a good setup.
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 8:32:41 PM EDT
[#37]

Nice, I'm still waiting on the form 3 to go through for my Trash Panda, seems like it'll be a good setup.
View Quote
It helps to live closer to Q.
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 10:46:04 PM EDT
[#38]
My dealer got his personal rifle in but I'm still waiting on them to get some in for sale. It'll be a while before I can buy one but I'm still debating optics. Either a NF ATACR F1 or a MK6 3-18 to keep the weight down.

I'm probably just going to work up one load with H4350 and 143 ELD-X for simplicitiy's sake and just run that for everything. Hopefully it's still light enough that a CNVD-LR out front doesn't make it too front heavy.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 7:53:46 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm interested to see how they do in real life as well.  Seems like they would make a nice backpacking hunting rifle with the lower weight and still good accuracy from what everyone is saying.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 10:35:48 PM EDT
[#40]
My .308 has finally shipped out. Going to try to break it in with some coyote hunting as soon as I get my hands on it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 11:29:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By -Fozzy-:
My .308 has finally shipped out. Going to try to break it in with some coyote hunting as soon as I get my hands on it.
View Quote
I've had mine since Sept 2017 and love it. Killed a mule deer with it in October and it was great to pack around. I recently did some testing on the Hornady Reduced Recoil 125 gr SST and was getting great groups out of it (1 MOA). Actually plan on using that to hunt coyotes with this spring. Provides low recoil and secondary follow up shots are faster as a result.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 1:11:38 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By newguy2k3:
My dealer got his personal rifle in but I'm still waiting on them to get some in for sale. It'll be a while before I can buy one but I'm still debating optics. Either a NF ATACR F1 or a MK6 3-18 to keep the weight down.

I'm probably just going to work up one load with H4350 and 143 ELD-X for simplicitiy's sake and just run that for everything. Hopefully it's still light enough that a CNVD-LR out front doesn't make it too front heavy.
View Quote
I have the same plan for handloads as you, I have really been neglecting this rifle due to recent workload though. I still need to figure out what the best dies are, I've loaded for years but this rifle is a bit different than my others. Lapua brass and a good set of dies are on my "need to order" list.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 3:04:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Just looking at there web-sight it looks like yo can now buy that barrels form them...  and Poof ones at that !
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 1:39:39 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By jljr23:

I've had mine since Sept 2017 and love it. Killed a mule deer with it in October and it was great to pack around. I recently did some testing on the Hornady Reduced Recoil 125 gr SST and was getting great groups out of it (1 MOA). Actually plan on using that to hunt coyotes with this spring. Provides low recoil and secondary follow up shots are faster as a result.
View Quote
Any feedback on the Cherry Bomb as an effective brake (no can)?
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 11:33:33 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By SirVivorman:

Any feedback on the Cherry Bomb as an effective brake (no can)?
View Quote
I haven’t used a muzzle brake since the Ban, but as far as I can tell it works well.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 4:28:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 8:01:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 10:29:17 PM EDT
[#48]
I have wanted to put together a 300blk  like that mini fix for years, so cool.  Can't wait to see what they're doing for a brace.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 2:23:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Forgive me if I am a moron, but for the life of me I cannot see why you would want to SBR a bolt gun.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 2:25:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By EzGoingKev:
Forgive me if I am a moron, but for the life of me I cannot see why you would want to SBR a bolt gun.
View Quote
Because you can.

They're also far more reliable with subsonic ammo than a gas gun.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top