Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2023 6:47:05 PM EDT
Been watching YT for advice on high angle shooting.  I got the gist of the basics but every video only cover shooting from low to high.  Is the equation for the reverse true?  If I have 2 targets 400 yards away, one 20 degrees high and one 20 degrees low, will my holdover be the same for both?

Plz @ me.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 8:10:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Bthorn:
Been watching YT for advice on high angle shooting.  I got the gist of the basics but every video only cover shooting from low to high.  Is the equation for the reverse true?  If I have 2 targets 400 yards away, one 20 degrees high and one 20 degrees low, will my holdover be the same for both?

Plz @ me.
View Quote

@Bthorn

Hey Bt, used to know this stuff, but since going to the kilo 2400 it does all the math.. hazy memory but shooting uphill you normally shoot low, shooting down hill you normal hit high..if I remember that junk right..anyway here are a couple  videos on it

These guys are great and who I prefer...

Shooting up or down hill in ELR Shots

A quick way to work out up/down hill shooting hold

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how+to+figure+out+dope+for+angle+shooting+both+up+and+down+hills
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 8:20:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top