Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/20/2015 5:44:09 AM EDT
Anyone own or shoot one of these?

Specs.....

If you’re looking for a 1000+ yard shot in a semi-auto configuration the RND 2100 .300 Ultra Mag offers incredible punch. The Ultra Mag will dump your trophy elk across the canyon and offer a quick follow up shot if necessary. Shooting the .300 Ultra Mag is extremely rewarding.

auto5 310 rev2 338-5
FEATURES

RND CNC machined matched upper and lower receivers
Super match barrel
Left sided non-reciprocating charging handle
Hard black anodized with black or gray gun coat
Integral Picatinny rail
Speed lock hammer
3.5 lb. trigger pull
Magazine – double stack, single feed
Free floating barrel
RND integrated buffer system
Modular hand guard
Fully adjustable stock
ACCESSORIES

Muzzle brakes
Tactical rings
Bipods
Uni-Pods
Accessory rails
Magazines
Camo colors
30 MOA rails

Price is listed at 4795.00 just curious how good (or bad) these guns are....
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 9:56:51 AM EDT
[#1]
They are made just up the road from here.

I have never seen one in the wild.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 5:02:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hoser:

View Quote

Shoot, would love to know if they are good weapons or not..between us we have 5-6 300 Rum bolt guns and would love one of these just cause...

thanks for the info....
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 4:28:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thmpr] [#3]
I have owned one for >4 years now - RND2000 338 Lapua Magnum. Very accurate, reliable, and well built. Normally shoot it at the closest 1000 yard range near me - in Sacramento, CA.;worth the price? Hell yeah!!!
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 4:46:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: uglygun] [#4]
RND has around 20 years of experience doing CNC built AR15s.

They were the source for the early highest grade JP Enterprises AR15s during the late 90s.   They were the source for Grade 3 rifles when I was building my grade 1 upper based rifle back in 1998.

Basically RND was the very first to the custom CNC AR15 game.

No you do not see them very often but they have been around a LONG time.    It is very likely they have not lasted as long as they have without making quality guns and having decent customer service.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 2:35:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By thmpr:
I have owned one for >4 years now - RND2000 338 Lapua Magnum. Very accurate, reliable, and well built. Normally shoot it at the closest 1000 yard range near me - in Sacramento, CA.;worth the price? Hell yeah!!!
View Quote

Thank you for the info..just what I wanted to hear, I like the 2100(since we already have lots of ammo and bolt guns for it)... gonna have to get a couple when i have the funds...
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 2:37:04 AM EDT
[#6]
I did not know that, sounds like a great company, surprised they arnt more popular..gonna have to enrich our lives with their wares when I get the funds up....thank you for the info....
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:28:20 PM EDT
[#7]
So now we have "super match grade" barrels...dumb.
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 5:32:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By FALex:
So now we have "super match grade" barrels...dumb.
View Quote

JP has listed their barrels as "Supermatch" for a couple decades now. I wouldn't be surprised if JP got their barrels from RND. Not new and can be a very apt description.
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 7:04:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Hoser:

View Quote

I visited Lloyd at his manufacturing location over 10 years ago when I still lived in the area. Everything he was producing was high-end fru-fru gear. He seemed like a meticulous kind of guy. I have no doubt these are quality rifles. Back then, most of his stuff looked like space guns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top