Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2020 6:30:04 PM EDT
For rifles where I’m trying to spot impacts, I’m using muzzle brakes.

What are you guys using to clean them?  How often?  

Do you remove them to clean?
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 8:42:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 11:42:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I do a simple clean when I clean the barrel, nothing fancy, some CLP and a bit of scrubbing with a bristle brush, then wipe it down...
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 11:50:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Some of the powders I shoot are known to leave heavy buildup (H1000) so Ill soak a small piece of rag with Bore Tech carbon and wrap it on the break at the start of cleaning then as the last step I’ll hit it with a brass brush and that knocks enough off to keep me satisfied.

Probably could just put enough drops 5-10 right on the carbon to saturate it and accomplish the same thing.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 12:08:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I remove them occasionally, and soak both the muzzle of the rifle, and the brake before trying to get the baked on carbon off everything.  Much care must be taken when working with the crown of the barrel so it doesn't get buggered up at all.  Some times it takes me a long time to carefully chip off all the carbon on the brake and crown of the muzzle.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 9:45:04 AM EDT
[#5]
I wipe it off with CLP, and make sure there's nothing wrong with the threads/taper/mating for silencer mounts.

Sometimes a wire brush on the mating faces.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 12:31:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Modern Spartan Systems has a suppressor/brake cleaning package that works really nicely.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 3:20:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I use qtips same day, am i crazy?
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 5:37:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Q-tips, and an AP brush with boretech.
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 11:13:29 AM EDT
[#9]
The household cleaner CLR works well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top