Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2020 10:06:45 PM EDT
I am building an aero m5 308.   I have a few pmags which they recommend, but I want to get some metal mags also, any recommendations that will work well, and not break my bank.

Thanks,

Link Posted: 11/17/2020 10:39:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sanlanman] [#1]
CproductsDefense Duramag .308 metal mags for this platform are excellent. I have them as well as Hexmag, original DPMS and the Magpul ones. The CDP Duramag ones are the only ones that drop free when empty and they are coated stainless steel. They feed flawlessly in both of my Aero M5 builds.

Here's a good price but out of stock:
CPD 308 AR10 Duramag @ Primary Arms

Here's in stock for more money at this source:
CPD 20rd AR10 Duramag

HTH
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 10:49:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I recently bought a bunch of D&H mags. I've been happy with all my other D&H mags, so I'm not expecting problems.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 11:47:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Anyone use the E-Lander 7.62 Magazines?
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 3:14:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I have CPD Duramag, ASC, and AR Stoner for my large frames. CPD are my favorites and Stoners are my least favorite. My batch of CPDs have the longest allowable COAL of any mag I've tried by far, well over book, if you long load. CPD and ASC are similar and there is some interesting history between the two. CPD (as a company, not necessarily as a product) doesn't (or didn't ) get any love on this site. All metal mags will require tuning and/or maintenance at some point. I run Aero lowers with various uppers in 6.5CM, .308 and .358WIN. I do prefer the Magpuls for factory ammo in the .308s.
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 6:51:19 AM EDT
[#5]
How are those C Products magazines working a year later?
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 7:24:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I have some DPMS mags and one or two C Products mags, but the mag I use almost exclusively with my gun is a ten round AR Stoner.  I've had no issues with this mag through probably 1000 or more rounds.  I like the ten round mag because it's easier to handle when I have the rifle on a bench, which is almost always the way I shoot it.  I also like it because I have to reload it more often than a 20 rounder which slows my shooting, keeping down barrel heat and hopefully slowing the rate that I shoot out the barrel.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 12:13:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Elcid79, what route did you end up going? Been searching the web for same question and you’re arfcom post is best lead out there. I’m wanting to swap to metal in hopes that they are more slick and go into mag pouches easier than magpul 20 rounders
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 12:26:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I’d make a post in the Variant section as it gets much more traffic.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/AR-Variants/121/
Link Posted: 8/29/2022 10:00:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By elcid79:
View Quote

I bought a few E-Lander mags from Larue Tactical for my LMT MWS.  So far, they've been great.
Link Posted: 8/29/2022 12:03:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Some of the metal mags don't fit well in the M5....I've got a variety and I'll try them later but I think it was the elander or some other similar brand....nice looking but too tight. Gotta remember there is no real spec they follow on the large frames. Lots of diversity.

Duramag is probably engineered to work in the m5...I'd try there first.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 12:20:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By elcid79:
View Quote

i just picked up some E-Lander 20rd mags last week, fit my Aero M5 just fine.  good mag catch retention, drops when released like it's supposed to.  I just ordered some more.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 7:56:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: czgunner] [#12]
I have a few Larue mags that work well....I did have to exchange one because it was defective, but it was pretty easy. CS guy was a d-bag but it worked out.
Lancer are my favorite.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 8:00:31 PM EDT
[#13]
LaRue makes the finest DPMS pattern 7.62 mags I have tried.  And they allow for the longest bullet seating COAL.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 7:07:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rpoL98] [#14]
Originally Posted By rpoL98:
i just picked up some E-Lander 20rd mags last week, fit my Aero M5 just fine.  good mag catch retention, drops when released like it's supposed to.  I just ordered some more.
View Quote

gloss-black E-Lander as-purchased, gray KAC, and FDE-cerakoted E-Lander.  The E-Landers work just fine in my Aero M5's (plural), 6.5CM.

ETA: took a caliper to the mag, inside length (cartridge length) is 2.853", 2.830" at the the short flap at the overlapping seam weld.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:49:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bfoosh06] [#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top