Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2021 9:56:50 AM EDT
I am currently building a AR-15 accuracy build and was trying to decide on a scope.  I came across the Meopta Optika6 line of scope and have become interested because of the the prices and the fact that they are available in first focal plane.  I am currently trying to decide between the 3-18x50 and 4.5-27x50 models.  Does anyone have any experience with either one of these models?  Which would serve my need better if i plan on accuracy shooting out to 500 to 600 occasionally and 100 to 300 yards a majority of the time.  I may occasionally go hunting every now and then, but shots will be under 200 yards.  Thanks for your time in this matter.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 5:25:47 PM EDT
[#1]
For a hunting scope, I want nothing more than 3x on the low end.   Figure out what your closest shot could be, and go from there.

My average shot at a deer is about 50 yards.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 10:33:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By bbush:
I am currently building a AR-15 accuracy build and was trying to decide on a scope.  I came across the Meopta Optika6 line of scope and have become interested because of the the prices and the fact that they are available in first focal plane.  I am currently trying to decide between the 3-18x50 and 4.5-27x50 models.  Does anyone have any experience with either one of these models?  Which would serve my need better if i plan on accuracy shooting out to 500 to 600 occasionally and 100 to 300 yards a majority of the time.  I may occasionally go hunting every now and then, but shots will be under 200 yards.  Thanks for your time in this matter.
View Quote

As someone who does some freelance work with Meopta, I think you are barking up the right tree. For a .223 the Optika6 3-18x50 FFP will give you all you need to shoot accurately to your 600-yard targets. You can also dial in the drops using Strelok Pro for those times when you are coyote hunting and don't have time to turn the knobs. The scope will get the job done for you and not make you wish you had bought the 4.5-27x50 riflescope. I like the Z-Plus reticle that is in MOA, it can also be had in mildot as well. Drop me a note if you have any questions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top