Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/8/2022 8:32:30 PM EDT
Asking for help here.

Trying to find one of these in-stock with the folding stock is proving to be very difficult.

I settled on this chassis with the requirements of lightweight, modular, and folding stock.

If you have a better option then MPA please share.  

Thanks all.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 5:59:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I like the MDT chassis better. Look at the ACC model. Available in folding stock.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 12:29:32 PM EDT
[#2]
MPA sells a kit to covert a y  on folder to folder..you can b uy the bare kit that uses all your existing hardware while supplying the shorter bare body and folder hinge, or you can buy it loaded with everything already on it...

Folder kits.....

https://masterpiecearms.com/shop/mpa-ba-side-folder-kit-options/

There  is a distributor in Colorado,  that normally stocks a bunch of MPA stuff..big place, don't remember the name but they had everything rifles/parts/rang[].I would call them and see what they have and what is also coming...  As far as MDT versus MPA..I have an MPA chassis and love it, I thought the mdt was ok....but if I   didn't have the MPA, I would have bought a different chassis than the MDT..just feel the MPA built by actual shooters feels better and is more responsive to needed changes...
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 1:02:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Well. I spent a week contacting every dealer on MPA’s dealer list. Not one had the req in-stock or knew when they would get more.

Ended up ordering a KRG whiskey 3 folder.

I’ll place an order with MPA and hope to get a stock in a year. Good stuff is always hard to get.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 2:47:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By LOMartin:
Well. I spent a week contacting every dealer on MPA’s dealer list. Not one had the req in-stock or knew when they would get more.

Ended up ordering a KRG whiskey 3 folder.

I’ll place an order with MPA and hope to get a stock in a year. Good stuff is always hard to get.
View Quote

@LOMartin How do you like the chassis?  I'm about to order one myself
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 12:41:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Out of curiosity, why do you want a folding stock?  What's the benefit to it?  I have a BA PMR Pro with the fixed stock.  The only real drawback I see is that it's harder to run a cleaning rod up the bore without getting solvent on the cheek rest.

Link Posted: 7/6/2022 3:06:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By kcobean:
Out of curiosity, why do you want a folding stock?  What's the benefit to it?  I have a BA PMR Pro with the fixed stock.  The only real drawback I see is that it's harder to run a cleaning rod up the bore without getting solvent on the cheek rest.

View Quote

Throwing it in a pack
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 11:28:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 1:05:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By kcobean:

View Quote

I have the regular BA chassis with the folder..I wanted the folder to make it easier to haul the rifle around...but mines a long action with a 30" barrel, 54"overall unfolded......It is also nice for cleaning the rifle as well as a bonus...
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 9:50:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Skg_Mre_Lght:
They make a kit that makes the cheek rest quickly removable now.

Would recommend.
View Quote

It’s well worth the money.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 2:18:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By cone256:

@LOMartin How do you like the chassis?  I'm about to order one myself
View Quote

After some time with the chassis now. I totally recommend it.

Ease of use and assembly (drop in) of action. All parts lock up solid. No need to fiddle with anything to get the action in.

The folding mech is solid. Zero play. The plastic parts feel good. Nothing feels cheap about the chassis.

Magpul and Steel mags both lock up tight.

Stock adjustments are easy. My one issue is the buttpad adjustment knob. I don’t know if it’s user error. But why doesn’t that wheel have lock on it? It’s gotten loose on me twice.

It’s a little heavy and it’s a lot of money.

Why folding? Storage and movement. This is my deer rifle. I have to drive hours and move things around to make it out to the property. I wanted something small and out of the way. This chassis plus a small 16” barreled action are the perfect combo.

One more neg. The grips. It comes with two sizes. Both suck. I wish someone was making custom grips for this chassis.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 3:54:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Skg_Mre_Lght] [#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top