Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2020 8:50:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: InternationalM]
Looking at dumping an H&S precision stock.
Looking at these 3 for a for an older 700P. Im thinking Manners T5, stock pack has worked well for me. But the XRS looks well made and designed for a budget chassis. And of course the KRG is highly recommended here. Gun would be for bench shooting/random hunting. Should I even call the XRS and Bravo budget?
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 8:56:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the KRG on a TIKKA. I like it.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 9:05:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: m6z] [#2]
The Bravo is a great value, but it is mostly polymer.  It's front heavy since that where the aluminum is.

Manners with a mini chassis is in another league, but so is the price.  

No experience with the XRS.

It's really personal preference.  Just make sure you price in any extras to the KRG.  Spigot and adjustable butt are pricy.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 9:10:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By m6z:
The Bravo is a great value, but it is mostly polymer.  It's front heavy since that where the aluminum is.

Manners with a mini chassis is in another league, but so is the price.  

No experience with the XRS.
View Quote

I was looking at the basic T5 without the ability for adjustment are 575 at euro optic.   I still prefer the feel of a traditional stock. Just want something with a traditional feeling and "bomb proof".
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 9:18:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: m6z] [#4]
Grayboe and MC3 are worth a look then.

MC3 does 25% off sales frequently, so don't pay full price if you go that route.

https://mc3stocks.com/product-category/tactical/short-action/
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 9:19:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Grayboe and MC3 are worth a look then.
View Quote

I haven't thought about the MC3's. I'll have the check them out.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 9:47:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I like the Bravo if bought for my B14R barreled action, that I bought another for my Bergara 6.5 Creedmoor.  Now I have a pair of matching guns, black and tan.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 10:45:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Have you seen this?  ELEMENT 3.0 MAGNESIUM CHASSIS

Link Posted: 7/18/2020 11:24:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I have and love the Bravo. Lot of features for the money, but if you start adding accessories, or want a truly adjustable buttpad, consider the Whiskey line.

At this point I wouldn't touch a Manners with a 10 ft pole as it is twenty year old technology and the price hasn't been adjusted to reflect that (you can say the same thing about HS I suppose).

Also look at the MDT ACC.
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 10:29:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By RNO:
Have you seen this?  ELEMENT 3.0 MAGNESIUM CHASSIS

View Quote

Definitely have to check that out as well
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 6:11:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rob01] [#10]
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 9:24:50 PM EDT
[#11]
To go with the post above, I would have a Manners but I was also looking at Ag Composites . Something to consider too.

I ran across a site that had several complete XLR Element 3.0 Magnesium chassis with Grip, butt stock etc but I didn't save it and I can't find it again.  I think they were just under $900
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 12:29:34 PM EDT
[#12]
What about the Grayboe Neo? Good or bad chassis?
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 1:38:41 PM EDT
[#13]
If you would consider a chassis instead of a stock, hard to beat the MPA ultra lite chassis, weighs 2.5 pounds, proven in competion, second to none in quality, ingenuity and ability and a ton of useful  options.. all for a starting price of 750 bucks for a short action 700, with adjustable LOP, Adjustable CR with non folder.....Add 150 bucks for folder......The length of quality upgrades/accesories alone make these an excellent deal let alone how great they shoot...Or for a bit more money, pick any of several chassis that all perform just as good or better...

Attachment Attached File

https://masterpiecearms.com/shop/mpa-ba-ultra-lite-chassis/
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 2:31:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 2:52:59 PM EDT
[#15]
My MPA matrix feels like a stock, and has all the upsides of a chassis.  I had to walk away from manners after years of using them, because of lack of modularity, lead time, and having issues with too many of my stocks.
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 3:13:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: m6z] [#16]
For those bagging on Manners.  I've got one on order, but it didn't fit what the OP was looking for.

https://mannersstocks.com/2020-prs-tcs-tunable-competition-stock
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 8:31:56 PM EDT
[#17]
For those bagging on Manners.  I've got one on order, but it didn't fit what the OP was looking for.

View Quote

I went with an MPA ultra light that was onsale at eurooptic. Seemed like the best bang for the buck I guess.
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 3:15:53 AM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

I see it on the website but not on the order form.

Did you have to call or am I not looking in the right place?
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 5:02:22 PM EDT
[#19]
I own rifles with  Manners and KRG Bravo stocks.  The Bravo is a nice stock for the money and I would buy another, but the Manners just feels more solid when I pull the trigger.

If you have the money for the Manners, I would go that route and bed it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 1:46:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Go with the bravo, you'll be glad you did.
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 12:11:04 AM EDT
[#21]
I have a manners t5a that is the most comfortable stock I've ever used. Would highly recommend.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top