Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2018 8:48:23 AM EDT
I am looking for suggestions on a build that I am about to endeavor on. Because of the high price (and rarity) of KAC uppers and lowers my search has led me to the Aero Precision M5 series receiver sets. I think I can find and flip the bill for the correct KAC rail/handguard but that leaves me short of a barrel. I have considered the Aero barrels which I found to be quite accurate. I have also looked at Ballistic Advantage. I am not willing to "skimp" on the barrel as this is a 6.5 Creedmor and I will be shooting my handloads out of it....so please, and suggestions for barrels are welcomed as well critiques for the upper/lower. For the upper/lower I would like to maintain the integrity of the "SR25/M110/MK11" pattern. Again, any critiques are welcomed, I want to do it right, I want it to shoot well.....but I don't want to break the bank.

Thanks,
Nick
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 11:45:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Look at Rainer Arms offerings and call and ask if they have anything in the loose parts bin by the door.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 4:40:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Chances are, if you end up going a non custom route on the barrel, you’ll end up with the gas block farther away from the rail than you’d like, leaving a sizable gap. The barrel nut for the KAC rails will also probably be too small on the internal diameter to fit around your barrel, leaving you to turn down the barrel in order for the nut to slide back to the extension. If you’re willing to throw money at the build, you might be better off having a blank turned down to your exact specs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top