Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2016 7:57:41 PM EDT
Anyone have any hands on experience with the stock, in either the rifle or carbine versions?  It looks good for the money, but I haven't seen one in person, either.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 8:16:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one. I like it. I can fit my stock,get a good cheek weld. Id say its a very good deal for the price.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 8:45:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CoffeedrinkerinNC] [#2]
I have the Luth on my AR-15, and the PRS on my AR-10. For the price and the weight, the Luth is very nice, I have no problems using it, would buy it again.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 8:49:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the fixed version, and like it very much.

Was a little disappointed they couldn't install QD cups from the factory, but that is an easy fix.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 9:55:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Have used the fixed for awhile now and like it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 1:23:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one on a Aero M5E1. Love the stock, help keeps my rifle in weight class for matches.

Link Posted: 8/4/2016 11:14:17 PM EDT
[#6]
My wallet was hoping you guys would tell me how awful it was and to stick with a standard collapsible stock.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 7:25:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Anyone happen to know what the color match is with the FDE stock and Magpul's FDE MOE+ grip?
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 8:11:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By stone76245:
I have one on a Aero M5E1. Love the stock, help keeps my rifle in weight class for matches.

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac145/stone762/0101BA7E-105F-49B3-AAEC-299604E34ECE.jpg
View Quote

Good to hear this, I have one sitting in a pile with other parts that will be going on my 308 build.  Base is an Aero M5 upper/lower set.

My impressions are that it is a nice stock, looks well made and feels solid.  The adjustability looks good too.  Some comment about QD, but fairly easy and cheap fix.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 8:35:27 AM EDT
[#9]
That would be a nice way to put my SBR on a diet.  It currently wears a UBR.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 11:49:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By ag04blast:

Good to hear this, I have one sitting in a pile with other parts that will be going on my 308 build.  Base is an Aero M5 upper/lower set.

My impressions are that it is a nice stock, looks well made and feels solid.  The adjustability looks good too.  Some comment about QD, but fairly easy and cheap fix.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ag04blast:
Originally Posted By stone76245:

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac145/stone762/0101BA7E-105F-49B3-AAEC-299604E34ECE.jpg

I order a set of Grovtec USA they thread into the hole perfectly.  Just make sure the swivel pocket is straight when you start.  No Epoxly is needed with these, unless you wants to use it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 1:01:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 1:25:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ag04blast] [#12]
I have one on my 308AR and I like it a lot.  Lighter and cheaper than the Magpul.  It is plenty stout and very adjustable.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 1:36:39 PM EDT
[#13]
I've got both a Luth AR and a PRS gen 3.  IMO, the magpul is worth the extra money.  It has less flex in the cheek pad and stock extension.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 1:39:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: akethan] [#14]
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:
I've got both a Luth AR and a PRS gen 3.  IMO, the magpul is worth the extra money.  It has less flex in the cheek pad and stock extension.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/57761/20171021_172144-1_jpg-767654.JPG
View Quote
I was going to say poor man's PRS.   DPMMN put a bunch of those together.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 11:27:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lockstep] [#15]
The rifle length version is same rough length as an A2, if you want it shorter, then the carbine version is what you want.  The rifle length will adjust out about as far as the PRS.

The comb height adjustment looks cool, but it can only go up so much (not much), before it makes contact with the charging handle.

Just not a fan, tried to like it... I felt like it was going to break anytime soon..

I traded mine for the old Mags EFX non adjustable that is A1 ish in length.  I got mine at cost so I felt no loss in value...

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/stock-parts/buttstocks/ar-15-efx-a1-stock-fixed-commercial-prod41967.aspx
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 11:44:51 PM EDT
[#16]
I have 2 prs stocks and 1 luth-ar.  The 2 prs r on my 308 and valkyrie.  Luth-ar on my 22lr.

Imo, the only plus to the luth-ar is its alot lighter.   I'm not a fan of the adjusters on it and... again, imo, it feels cheaper.  Its fine for my 22 but I would have swapped it out if it was on my other 2 rifles.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 9:13:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RLunyATL] [#17]
I have the MBA-1 on a lower that is used with both 20" 6.5G and 18" 5.56 SPR uppers. Been using that one for a few years. I have an MBA-3 I use on my Savage in an MDT HS3 chassis. Using the carbine version on the chassis so I can just slide it off the buffer tube when I need to use a bore guide for cleaning. Otherwise the cheek piece gets in the way. Obviously not an issue on an AR. I like them, easy to adjust precisely and half the price of a Magpul PRS.

ETA I've never had any issues with charging handle interference on the AR's
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 2:34:22 AM EDT
[#18]
I have one major gripe. They only make pink in the rifle length stocks. Put together a rifle for my daughter and the mba 3 would have been perfect. The mba1 is just too long a lop.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 1:12:14 AM EDT
[#19]
I have three of the Luth AR buttstocks...MBA-1 rifle, MBA-2 rifle, and MBA-3 carbine.  I really like all three.  Oddly I found I preferred the MBA-3 carbine version as my preffered buttstock for a home built Savage 6.5CM chassis bolt rifle.

I did find one issue with the carbine version that was easily solved.  They tout that the carbine versions will fit both commercial and milspec extension tubes.  If a good, snug fit is critical, like I wanted on my bolt rifle with the MBA-3, use a commercial extension tube as the fit eliminates any slop.  There is an adjustment for this on the MBA-3 which is fine for most AR applications, but I prefer the overall fit of the commercial tube for more precision applications.

Buttstocks are extremely preferential.  I'd suggest you try any options you're considering if it's all possible.  Some stores/shops who have a selection of buttstocks in inventory will let you try them out in some cases.
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 10:31:23 AM EDT
[#20]
I have several on rifles for a college cadet shooting team. One of the carbine stocks is one of the first ones they produced and was given to me at SHOT...still going strong. And my cadets can break a bowling ball in a padded room.

Several rifle companies use them as standard stocks.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 1:24:59 AM EDT
[#21]
I have the fully adjustable carbine version on my DMR match AR. It is perfect for my application.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top