Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2024 5:29:21 PM EDT
I am currently using a VX5HD 2-10X42 firedot on my 6.5 Creedmoor for elk hunting and longer-range target fun. The scope works perfectly for me, light weight and streamline for caring in the field. CDS tials work well and firedot is perfect for hunting. But i keep thinking 15X on top would be nice, not sure it is NEEDED but it would be nice. I had the rifle at 1000 yards two days ago and it was acceptable to ring steel. But more magnification or a finer reticle would have been nice. But primary goal is as a hunting rifle. It is a unaccepted bonus that this "hunting rifle" is 100% sub MOA all day long with cheap practice ammo and almost no recoil when supressed. So it is getting shot alot at the range. Tikka T3x Veil 6.5 Creedmoor, VX5HD 2-10, Nomad Ti supressor.

So I have been looking at upping to a 15X scope. really want to keep good low power magnification performance as well. Priorities are light weight (very important), reliable and good glass. I have basically narrowed it down to the Leupold VX5HD 3-15X44 CDS Firedot and the Trijicon Credo 2.5-15X44 MRAD. Both are SFP, illuminated reticle, same price range, same mag range, have adjustable elevation turret. Leupold is about 4oz lighter, CDS dial locks on zero, less bulky design, glass should be great if it compares to my other VX5HD. Trijicon is heavier and bulkier, turrets doesnt lock. But i love the feel of my other Credo turrets, trust Trijicon durability, like the reticle has mil markings that would be useful at 15x.

Does anyone have experience with these two scopes? any opinions of how the glass stacks up between the two? How is the Credo reticle in real world use? How is the eye box on these two scopes?
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 8:00:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Don’t own either model of these scopes.  Trijicon scopes have a much better reputation for zero retention and tracking.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 8:09:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the Leupold VX5HD 3-15X44 CDS Firedot on my AR10. I really only use it for hunting. I prefer reticles that are a simple duplex. Love the firedot for when the pigs come in in low light situations. I have been quite pleased with it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 8:29:48 PM EDT
[#3]
There are some really good scope testing threads going on over at Rokslide.  Hands down skip the VX5 and go with the Credo.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 4:15:21 PM EDT
[#4]
The trijicon tenmile 3-18x44 FFP MRAD can be had for around 950-1k shipped as of yesterday on optics planet ($990 delivered for me with a 10% email sign up coupon )
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top