Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2020 6:36:46 PM EDT
I want to buy a target grade left handed rifle with a 16 inch tube threaded .

I've about gone silly looking for options , Savage , Ruger , CZ , Anschutz .

Prefer a composite stock .

Thanks for input .
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 8:03:54 PM EDT
[#1]
https://www.keystonesportingarmsllc.com/

Keystone makes left handed bolt action guns.   They are purported to be pretty accurate.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 4:13:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Anschutz says they will be importing left handed 1761 rifles. Wood stock though. Tikka has the left handed t1x that will hopefully be here soon. Also you can custom order something from savage. Vudoo actions are also available left handed as are a couple other very high end guns. Unfortunately these days lefty rimfire with threaded barrels are few and far between.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 5:52:33 PM EDT
[#3]
You will have an easier time finding what you are looking for if you ignore the requirement of 16" and threaded.  That's why gunsmiths exist.  ADCO Firearms can chop/thread a barrel for less than $150.

Link Posted: 6/18/2020 6:00:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By wolverine87:
Anschutz says they will be importing left handed 1761 rifles. Wood stock though. Tikka has the left handed t1x that will hopefully be here soon. Also you can custom order something from savage. Vudoo actions are also available left handed as are a couple other very high end guns. Unfortunately these days lefty rimfire with threaded barrels are few and far between.
View Quote

Custom order from Savage ! I did not know that .
Quiet m4 , yes that is a real possibility.
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 8:36:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I’ve been searching for the same thing for a month now.    The Tikka T1x lefty seems more rare than the HK sp5s at the moment, it’s a freaking unicorn.  

The Lithgow LA101 sounds like another option.   Though I’ve read it’s magazines need some modifications to not constantly jam, which is awesome when you’re spending $1100-1200 on one.  

I can’t believe how rare lefty 22s are.
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 9:34:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Ubarad:
I’ve been searching for the same thing for a month now.    The Tikka T1x lefty seems more rare than the HK sp5s at the moment, it’s a freaking unicorn.  

The Lithgow LA101 sounds like another option.   Though I’ve read it’s magazines need some modifications to not constantly jam, which is awesome when you’re spending $1100-1200 on one.  

I can’t believe how rare lefty 22s are.
View Quote

The T1x is supposed to show up in October.  I think Eurooptic is taking preorders.
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 9:44:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Whats your budget?
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 11:30:28 AM EDT
[#8]
It's 700 bucks,  and my new left hand Browning .22 Magnum T Bolt Target/ Varmint will arrive on the 7th .

I know it no Anschutz,  or CZ ( CZ does not make any lefthand rimfires any more ) ,
but I am thrilled to be getting very nice new rifle .

I will start a new thread on it's performance once it arrives and I get it all together .
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 10:21:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Whoo hoo woo hoo hoo !
Here she is , just arrived today .
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 10:51:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Well how's it shoot?!
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 11:33:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Havn't shot it yet , its been 108 everyday since I got it !

Heres a pic with the Tally rings/bases and a Bushnell Legend 5x15x40 .
I joined a gun range too . Just waiting for the cool down .
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 10:18:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Good looking rifle.

I would love to see more options for left hand rimfire bolt actions. I have stayed with Savage rifles since they have been the easiest to find in left hand with heavy barrel. I have two Savage Mk II's, a MkII GLV in 17m2 and MkII BTVLSS in 22lr. Both are very accurate perform well for me. Plus they match my Savage Model 12 FLV 308.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 10:00:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: IHTFP08] [#13]
Has anyone had experience with the Savage RASCAL FV-SR LEFT HAND BLACK?

Mainly, is this a kid size rifle? Or would be fine for adult to use, mainly target shooting and occasional squirrel.

https://www.savagearms.com/content?p=firearms&a=product_summary&s=13841

Or just go with the MKII FV-SR? Ive had good luck operating the bolt with right hand and keeping left on on the grip. Plus it has a pic rail already.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 3:29:35 AM EDT
[#14]
That Rascal is going to be kid sized, Rascal is the Savage line of kid rifles.

I would stick with the MKII FV-SR, that seems to be your best bet.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 11:05:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By grumpystumpy12:
That Rascal is going to be kid sized, Rascal is the Savage line of kid rifles.

I would stick with the MKII FV-SR, that seems to be your best bet.
View Quote

Thanks. I figured as much.

Looking hard at right handed rifles now too since theres more selection. Ruger American, CZ 457, Tikka T1x, and local shop has a Webley and Scott Xocet Carbon Fiber which seems pretty cool. Not alot out there about the W&S. Seems they don't get imported anymore but few reviews I've seen have been good.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 6:53:49 PM EDT
[#16]
The Browning T Bolt shoots very well . The stock trigger was ... an issuse... I replaced it with Jard Trigger .

It was 245 bucks but a buddy bought it for me the Jard Trigger put the rifle into a whole other class .
It is one sweet trigger !
The rifle likes the new 30 gr. bullets at 2200 fps CCI and Hornady
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 6:54:01 PM EDT
[#17]
The Browning T Bolt shoots very well . The stock trigger was ... an issuse... I replaced it with Jard Trigger .

It was 245 bucks but a buddy bought it for me the Jard Trigger put the rifle into a whole other class .
It is one sweet trigger !
The rifle likes the new 30 gr. bullets at 2200 fps CCI and Hornady
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 6:54:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rocklock] [#18]
Double tapped .
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 4:32:44 PM EDT
[#19]
How has it been treating you?

Link Posted: 12/15/2021 8:09:13 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm a big fan of my B14R lefty.  

Shot several 23/25 on the tack driver targets and I've made hits out to 500 yards on a 1/2 scale steel silhouette.  Your rifle is a beauty!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 3:29:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Vudoo and RimX both make lefty rimfire as well. I have the vudoo. It's awesome.

OP I love that rifle. Kinda want one now.. You liking it?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top