Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2020 9:50:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jt526]
Just got this in to make an SBR and rarely does something exceed my expectations by this much. It is fantastically engineered, super tight tolerances, the cerakote finish is flawless (for now) and the collapsible stock is comfortable, adjustable and really well designed. The mags are just right , a little grip right now on an empty MDTAC or Magpul, drop free on the AICS, but you can feel how the plastic mags will wear in. The stock locks up tight and collapses easily and is super short. This a 700 is an SBR (thanks 3 week e-forms!) in 300BLK and is off to be chopped and threaded at the forearm to shrink it on down for the Q can mocked up below.

The mag release is a work of art. Way better than the MDT, Badger M5/M7, or PTG mag releases. Stiff, streamlined, and snag free it blends in and is really a nice touch. They could have done the steel stick on a roll pin like the above, but this thing has tons of machine work on such a small part it is ridiculous.

Highly recommended if you want a pocket bolt gun. They have the Elf Owl chassis for the HOWA mini action that would be like 3/4" shorter and a bit lighter, but this is perfect since I have four Remingtons that use AICS mags.

I am super impressed with their collapsible stock. The design and fit and lockup of this one is impeccable. Three LOP positions, straight pull to open. adjustable cheek rest (the black part), it is super cool.

i

Link Posted: 7/23/2020 11:01:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CFletch] [#1]
Can the bolt cycle with the stock collapsed? I assume it can't, but it could have a spring-loaded cheek rest or something that I don't know about.

Either way that's a sweet little gun. I love micro-sized rifles.
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 11:12:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I still haven't ordered a stock for my Howa. I hate being cheap but you make a compelling argument.
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 11:23:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jt526] [#3]
^^^do it I think you'll be impressed. I have collapsible stocks all the way from absolutely terrible M11/9 sheet metal guns to Honeybadge, Sig, etc. I'd say it is comparable to the sig MPX wire collapsible stock. Solid, tight lockup, doesn't feel fragile, beefy steel arms.

Bolt doesn't cycle, and I don't see how you could tale
of the shroud and have it cycle. Maybe, but I don't think so. That cheek rest is like 4 interlocking parts. Very cool.

Link Posted: 7/23/2020 11:37:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jt526:
^^^do it I think you'll be impressed. I have collapsible stocks all the way from absolutely terrible M11/9 sheet metal guns to Honeybadge, Sig, etc. I'd say it is comparable to the sig MPX wire collapsible stock. Solid, tight lockup, doesn't feel fragile, beefy steel arms.

Bolt doesn't cycle, and I don't see how you could tale
of the shroud and have it cycle. Maybe, but I don't think so. That cheek rest is like 4 interlocking parts. Very cool.

View Quote
I figured. The Magpul CTR stock had a spring-loaded cheek rest available for that reason, so I thought maybe that had something similar. Not a big deal that it doesn't. I can't imagine you'd be quick-drawing such a rifle anyway.

I kind of want one. Does the cheek rest feel good on the face?
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 2:08:47 AM EDT
[#5]
How solid is the collapsible stock? I’m considering ordering one for a build, but I believe I will need a rigid setup for the precision I’m expecting.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 2:15:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Neat
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 9:29:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By SuperJlarge:
How solid is the collapsible stock? I'm considering ordering one for a build, but I believe I will need a rigid setup for the precision I'm expecting.
View Quote
I think it is as rigid as you can get. Ymmv but I am impressed by the lockup. Mine doesn't really move at all.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 9:31:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jt526] [#8]
It is ok but more of a 1/2 cheek rest. It is adjustable so maybe messing with it I could get higher rings and move it up and forward, but not really worth it. To me it is perfectly useable. I might cover it Rubber or maybe even replace it with kydex. It is black steel, so not a forgiving surface.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 3:34:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By jt526:(thanks 3 week e-forms!)
View Quote

Wait, what?  eForm 1s are coming back in less than a month now?!?!
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 3:57:56 PM EDT
[#10]
It is ok but more of a 1/2 cheek rest. It is adjustable so maybe messing with it I could get higher rings and move it up and forward, but not really worth it. To me it is perfectly useable. I might cover it Rubber or maybe even replace it with kydex. It is black steel, so not a forgiving surface.
View Quote

@jt526

MPA sells a foam cheek rest pad for their chassis, works very well...

https://masterpiecearms.com/shop/cheek-riser-pad/
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 7:28:04 AM EDT
[#11]
What does this run?
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 10:57:02 AM EDT
[#12]
The chassis as it sits cerakote (+$75) was like $625 after a 5% "you left this in your cart" coupon code. The chassis itself is 299, + the stock at like $250 plus the cerakote grey (black is standard). They have other stock options including ar15 buffer and a  picatinny sig style for far cheaper, but the stock really makes the whole package. Any of the normal braces would work with the other 2 adapters
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 1:50:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mark5pt56] [#13]
The chassis as it sits cerakote (+$75) was like $625 after a 5% "you left this in your cart" coupon code. The chassis itself is 299, + the stock at like $250 plus the cerakote grey (black is standard). They have other stock options including ar15 buffer and a  picatinny sig style for far cheaper, but the stock really makes the whole package. Any of the normal braces would work with the other 2 adapters
View Quote

That's not to bad, would be cool to have a brace option on the retractable one like above, do an Impact 737 with a 12.5" 5.56.

Link Posted: 7/25/2020 3:24:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By mark5pt56:

That's not to bad, would be cool to have a brace option on the retractable one like above, do an Impact 737 with a 12.5" 5.56.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Ask and you shall receive: http://jtacindustries.com/collections/parts/products/telescoping-tailhook-mod-1-adapter
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 4:06:24 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CFletch:

Ask and you shall receive: http://jtacindustries.com/collections/parts/products/telescoping-tailhook-mod-1-adapter

Thanks, yup looked after and found it. Always a new shinny object!
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 10:29:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jt526] [#16]
Final form, weighing a heft 9.7 lbs (I was expecting lighter after the barrel chop) as it sits:

I may end up out another 4K for a mini-fix anyway.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 5:13:53 PM EDT
[#17]
These are very intriguing. Two questions...

1. What's the barrel length in the first picture in the OP?

2. Is the collapsible stock removable?

Thanks.

Link Posted: 8/11/2020 5:57:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By wombat25:

Thanks.

View Quote
It is removable, and the company makes rail and AR tube stock blocks as well
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 8:08:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By wombat25:

Thanks.

View Quote
First pic before the chop I s a 16" barrel
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 8:22:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Great looking chassis.

What is the length of the forearm on yours? I see they have 3 different lengths.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 3:43:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By normrp:
Great looking chassis.

What is the length of the forearm on yours? I see they have 3 different lengths.

Thanks
View Quote
7.5 inches. Very pleased, still not a mini fix though, so guess I'll have 2 300blk bolt action sbr'd
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:33:43 AM EDT
[#22]
What is the overall length of the SBR with the can off?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:12:39 PM EDT
[#23]
21.5" from buttstock to end of threads. Barrel tip is 8 7/8ths inches from receiver.

Link Posted: 2/6/2021 8:18:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Anyway you can give me a length from the end of the forearm to the end of the buttplate when it is fully extended? Their website lacks dimensions and do not seem to respond to emails.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 11:55:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jt526] [#25]
@gjb89

Max extension it is 27 3/4 at the longest point (top of stock) and 27.5 in the middle of the stock.

2nd position is it 26 3/4

3rd position 25 3/4

Pic in third position top of stock with the 7.5" hand guard (three mlok slots on the screech owl)

Link Posted: 2/7/2021 5:57:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Awesome! thank you sir!
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 4:04:54 PM EDT
[#27]
It looks Bad Ass!  I am trying to save up for a mini fix but keep debating on building one of these 1st out of a howa mini action myself.   I would keep the 16" barrel and not sbr. My lgs has a howa .300BLK 16.25" barrel for $499.  Figured I would be in the setup for around $1100.

I hear JTAC is coming out with a new rail for these.  I am curious if it will tie in the scope rail mount. That may sway me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top