Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2020 5:36:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 77Bronc]
I have been looking at this rifle for what seems 10 years even though it has only been out a few....

I am thinking  the Fix in 308 with a Trijicon Accupower 1-8 in a Geissele mount would be the ultimate set up.  Add an Altas bipod....and one of my DA suppressors....

But I hear good and bad, feeding issues, lack of accuracy....

Alabama Arsenal on YT has a real good video, Garand Thumb i think is neutral on it

Thoughts and comments.....

Bronc
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 6:12:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Well now you can get basically the same thing from Sig and not put money in KBs pockets.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 7:03:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Keyst0ne:
Well now you can get basically the same thing from Sig and not put money in KBs pockets.
View Quote

That is not a bad idea, is the Sig available now?  And I did hear that the owner is not necessarily a good personality....but all I know is what I read.  

Link Posted: 4/11/2020 7:15:21 PM EDT
[#3]
What caliber were you thinking? I would not get a 308. The recoil sucks even suppressed. I’ve shot one and was not impressed. For the record, I own one in 6.5 and it’s EXTREMELY accurate. And the recoil is much more tolerable. Mine was one also of the first off the lot and has a Bartlien bbl and not a Green Mountain. I’ve seen and experienced mixed reviews on the GM barrels and their accuracy. YMMV.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 7:20:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm thinking I may get a Sig Cross. Fix is too spendy for what it is.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 8:57:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Yea I've heard a few people talk about accuracy issues with the guns but honestly haven't seen that much good or bad about them. I love the look overall.

Honestly the BS with Q and the idiot that welded on his can(it was fixable, they can't because they just design the shit and refused to return it broke) would make me avoid them along with their owner in general.

The sig rifle doesn't look as good but its a lot cheaper and I think I'd be looking at it over the Q personally.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 10:59:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By ccosby:
Yea I've heard a few people talk about accuracy issues with the guns but honestly haven't seen that much good or bad about them. I love the look overall.

Honestly the BS with Q and the idiot that welded on his can(it was fixable, they can't because they just design the shit and refused to return it broke) would make me avoid them along with their owner in general.

The sig rifle doesn't look as good but its a lot cheaper and I think I'd be looking at it over the Q personally.
View Quote

@Colt_sporter

Was thinking about the 308, but I have heard the same about the recoil....I am not recoil sensitive, but I have heard the 308 recoil is  ridiculous

Did not want to add another caliber to the collection, but the 6.5 does seem attractive

What is up with the owner?  Is he really that bad?  Does seem to me smug in the videos I have seen of him though

Link Posted: 4/11/2020 11:47:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By 77Bronc:

@Colt_sporter

Was thinking about the 308, but I have heard the same about the recoil....I am not recoil sensitive, but I have heard the 308 recoil is  ridiculous

Did not want to add another caliber to the collection, but the 6.5 does seem attractive

What is up with the owner?  Is he really that bad?  Does seem to me smug in the videos I have seen of him though

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

@Colt_sporter

He rubs some people the wrong way because he doesn't give many fucks about upsetting other companies. He's good to his customers though and Q is good about making things right.

Q makes a big buttpad for The Fix to help with the recoil. I've had their 6.5 since the beginning, it's a very different and very interesting rifle, there's nothing else on the market that is like it.

I'd say go for it, it's a high quality rifle that can easily be swapped around to fit your needs. A barrel swap is super easy, you can have your 16" 308 barrel and swap to a 24" proof 6.5 barrel in a few minutes.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 12:13:02 AM EDT
[#8]

View Quote

An epic dbag that in an industry of dbags stands above most who thinks he and his stuff is better than everyone else. Seems to have been pushed out of AAC when he sold it to Freedom and then pushed out of sig after going there. Back in the day he really had a hard on for trying to say why gemtech sucked and his stuff was better(not as many competitors then). He is also one of the reasons that mfg's can't replace a NFA item that is damaged with a new one with the same serial. AAC was taking in gemtech cans for "upgrade", destroying them and replacing them with aac cans with gemtech markings on it. This is damaging to gemtechs brand as you have stuff they didn't make with their info on it. I'm really just glazing over this but gemtech went to the atf because he was doing it enough and the atf shut down the entire process.

More recently there was a defective q can out of a batch that Q admitted was bad that someone tried to reweld instead of sending it back for repair because they wanted it for a shoot or something. Whoever welded it for them did fuck it up but it was away from the serial and could have been repaired. From the discussions it sounds like Q doesn't have an internal machineshop to be able to do a repair. Now if Q just said we are not touching it and send it back no one would have cared. Their response was its broke, we will not fix it, and we are going to destroy it vs sending it back to you. A lot of idiots actually defended them but honestly there is no reason they couldn't have returned it unfixed. In the facebook threads where the back to back messages were posted people either associated with silencer co or who had worked for them(can't remember) came in and said yea we fixed far more screwed up stuff all the time.

Honestly from the pics there is no reason they couldn't have shortened the serial numbered part a few MM's and welded in a ring to get the length back or just cleaned it up and rewelded and then put a slightly bigger ring of metal over the bad looking section if they had it and welded it over the fix. And again if Q just said f off, here is your broken crap back that would have been fine. If they are going to refuse to return it then they need to refund or replace. I think they offered a discount on a new can. If they said we will sell you a new one cheap as long as we can destroy this then it would have been fine as well but at the end of the day they should have returned the property when an agreement couldn't be reached.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 7:34:49 AM EDT
[#9]

@Colt_sporter

View All Quotes

@Colt_sporter

I don’t consider myself recoil sensitive either for whatever that’s worth to you. I’ve considered buying a 308 barrel for mine to shoot subsonics. That being said 6.5 is quite the caliber. To get the most out of it, don’t get one of the 16” barrels. (Just went on their website, that’s currently the only option, I would call). With a 16” 6.5, I think you are “good” for 500 yards which is probably fine for 87-99% of owners. Myself, I fall into the1% for that topic.

No comment about KB sorry. Take note of where I live.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 2:42:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: falcon6five] [#10]
I owned the .308 with B/T barrel.  Accuracy was ok, recoil didn’t bother me, but the lack of reliability bothered me.  I liked the idea of the fix but couldn’t live with it not feeding right.  I think the AR10 mags were good in theory but something went wrong with the execution.  Seeing people defending a $3,000 rifle that they were having to put strips of velcro in the magwell so that it would run right made me kinda sad .  

I’m waiting to see if Sig is able to do any better.  Glad to see the AICS mags
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 3:37:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Now that you mention the price, my local shop has them for $3200, add in 9.5% tax and now you are in the GAP territory of pricing.

Link Posted: 4/12/2020 3:42:35 PM EDT
[#12]
What about the seekins havak bravo 6.5 in the EE? I have one on order that should arrive quite soon but that’s a solid gun dollar per pound
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 6:18:02 PM EDT
[#13]
If you want a light rifle that you can hump all day hunting, given it’s features, I don’t think there is a better rifle.  Folding the stock and strapping it to your pack is great, and with the suppressor off I transport it one of my SBR AR bags.  

It’s not fun to shoot from the bench, and has feeding problems if I take my time with the bolt.  Working the bolt like it’s an enfield and I’m fighting off nazi zombies and the Fix has never had an issue for me.

Link Posted: 4/12/2020 7:59:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By torsf:
If you want a light rifle that you can hump all day hunting, given it’s features, I don’t think there is a better rifle.  Folding the stock and strapping it to your pack is great, and with the suppressor off I transport it one of my SBR AR bags.  

It’s not fun to shoot from the bench, and has feeding problems if I take my time with the bolt.  Working the bolt like it’s an enfield and I’m fighting off nazi zombies and the Fix has never had an issue for me.

View Quote

I was buying it mainly for a bench rifle and the occasional south Texas trip to my BIL's ranch for pigs.  

Bronc
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 8:31:14 PM EDT
[#15]
My general take from the research I did was you either have a specific need for the lightweight or you just want something cool. Can get similar or better performance for similar money at the expense of a few pounds. A few pounds that make the others more enjoyable to shoot from the bench.

I think the Sig covers most of it but it feels like I'd be buying a Corvette after lusting after a Ferrari.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 8:39:00 PM EDT
[#16]
The fix is pretty nifty gun when you look at all the features on it. I like many others am more interested in the Sig Cross for money reasons. Kevin has some amazing ideas and it's clear that he can make a home wherever he lands but him starting his own outfit was probably the best fit. I think that some people get so turned off by his attitude that they downplay his creativity out of spite.

People talk about him getting kicked out of Remington/AAC but never talk about how they tried to bone him. https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/kevin-brittingham-post/. Half the reason they went after him in the first place was how well he had done with AAC and everyone knew about his attitude.

I was buying it mainly for a bench rifle and the occasional south Texas trip to my BIL's ranch for pigs.  

Bronc
View Quote

If I were looking for something that was going to be mainly shot from a bench I would make sure it's heavier. Kevin built the fix as a crossover gun and from the sounds of it he does quite a bit of hunting with it so the light weight matters.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 8:40:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By falcon6five:
I owned the .308 with B/T barrel.  Accuracy was ok, recoil didn’t bother me, but the lack of reliability bothered me.  I liked the idea of the fix but couldn’t live with it not feeding right.  I think the AR10 mags were good in theory but something went wrong with the execution.  Seeing people defending a $3,000 rifle that they were having to put strips of velcro in the magwell so that it would run right made me kinda sad .  

I’m waiting to see if Sig is able to do any better.  Glad to see the AICS mags
View Quote

Did you cut a coil or two from your Pmag springs? Mine loads like melted butter.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 10:40:05 PM EDT
[#18]

@Colt_sporter

View Quote

.308 is by no means ridiculous.  try a 7lb 300 win mag thats not even that bad.  if you arent recoil sensitive than its a non issue.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 11:38:09 PM EDT
[#19]

Bronc
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By torsf:

Bronc

I don’t have the larger buttpad on mine, fwiw.  The recoil isn’t bad at all, but it feels different than my other bolt actions, and if I’m gonna go target shooting I grab something else.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 12:51:48 PM EDT
[#20]
I bought a 22" 6.5CR 2 months ago and I love it.  It is my first precision rifle but it has given me the bug.  I took a precision rifle course with it last month and was able to get first round hits on steel from 200-1000 yards.  Also did the "milk jug challenge" and hit a milk jug size steel target at 1,000 yards (took me 5 shots with some cross wind).  Recoil is pretty light even with the tiny factory buttpad.  I have about 400 rounds through it and I'm super impressed with it's accuracy and consistency, I love the feel of the bolt, it just gets smoother and faster to cycle.

My Fix is setup as follows:

Vortex Viper PSTII 5-25x50
Griffin Armament SPRM Mount
Griffin Armament 30-SD suppressor
Griffin Armament muzzle brake
MPA Vertical Grip (best accessory yet, really helped with consistency on my trigger squeeze!)
Rail mounted bubble level
Atlas bipod
Hoptic Saddle Cover (also an awesome upgrade)

I have not experienced any issued with difficult bolt lift, it has always been perfect.  I have found that PMAGS WILL CAUSE FEEDING ISSUES.  My DPMS steel, Lancer and .308 Hexmags feed 100% every time.  I just don't use PMAGS in it.

Link Posted: 4/13/2020 2:11:38 PM EDT
[#21]
I don't know much about the gun as a whole, but KB being an asshole wouldn't stop me from buying one.  

Is he a dick? Yup

Is a lot of his stuff game changing in some way or another? Yup.  

He has burned a lot of bridges in the industry from what I have heard and is a huge ego maniac but he seems to be letting it light his path.  

Buy/Don't buy the guns on the guns merits not that of the owner/designer.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 8:40:21 PM EDT
[#22]
I have a 22" 6/5CM.  I can shoot sub-moa with Hornady ELD-M ammo.  Gun has no bolt lift, stiff bolt or mag feeding issues as others have described on the Hide.

Yes, KB is a cock fag, dick head, d-bag.  He treats people that do NOT agree with his way of thinking like shit.

I would say, "out", wait for the SIG Cross.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 4:35:19 AM EDT
[#23]
I don't have any of Kevin's stuff but I think he has some pretty cool concepts and designs.

For its intended use, as a hunting/field rifle its awesome, wedging it into a tactical/precision rifle role,  I am not sure if its the best choice. Light weight is cool but there are times when being light starts to work against you depending on what you are trying to accomplish

Link Posted: 4/14/2020 4:51:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 77Bronc] [#24]
Originally Posted By hartzpad:
I bought a 22" 6.5CR 2 months ago and I love it.  It is my first precision rifle but it has given me the bug.  I took a precision rifle course with it last month and was able to get first round hits on steel from 200-1000 yards.  Also did the "milk jug challenge" and hit a milk jug size steel target at 1,000 yards (took me 5 shots with some cross wind).  Recoil is pretty light even with the tiny factory buttpad.  I have about 400 rounds through it and I'm super impressed with it's accuracy and consistency, I love the feel of the bolt, it just gets smoother and faster to cycle.

My Fix is setup as follows:

Vortex Viper PSTII 5-25x50
Griffin Armament SPRM Mount
Griffin Armament 30-SD suppressor
Griffin Armament muzzle brake
MPA Vertical Grip (best accessory yet, really helped with consistency on my trigger squeeze!)
Rail mounted bubble level
Atlas bipod
Hoptic Saddle Cover (also an awesome upgrade)

I have not experienced any issued with difficult bolt lift, it has always been perfect.  I have found that PMAGS WILL CAUSE FEEDING ISSUES.  My DPMS steel, Lancer and .308 Hexmags feed 100% every time.  I just don't use PMAGS in it.

https://forum.snipershide.com/attachments/82cc326b-e718-4c7f-ad57-b0aba610f308-jpeg.7284202/

https://forum.snipershide.com/attachments/9ee48042-fce1-4d49-8c11-918f905de9f8-jpeg.7284203/
View Quote

Thanks for all of the replies....this has been some real good feedback.  As far as Lancers, that is mostly what I use along with KAC mags on my .308 rifles, an SR25 and Larue OBR.  The lancers are far superior mags over the PMAGS.  I have heard the PMAGS cause feeding issues on The Fix and the other mags will correct the problems, just like mentioned above

As far as the Sig rifle, I still cannot find info on when they will hit the shelves.  Emailed my gun store and they dont have any idea either, and they are a major Sig stocking dealer.

When I read about bolt stick, I assume that means too much pressure on the mag feed spring and, thought I read one post that said to cut a coil or two on the mags..is this correct

The one Fix that I did handle really felt well balanced.  It was set up with a NF NX8 in a NF mount.

Bronc
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 5:10:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By iiibdsiil:
My general take from the research I did was you either have a specific need for the lightweight or you just want something cool. Can get similar or better performance for similar money at the expense of a few pounds. A few pounds that make the others more enjoyable to shoot from the bench.

I think the Sig covers most of it but it feels like I'd be buying a Corvette after lusting after a Ferrari.
View Quote

4AM comments,...

This may sum it up....for the most part.  I like cool stuff, different set ups.  This would be different.  My favorite bench set up is my Remington 700 .308 tactical rifle, turned by Short Action Customs sitting in a Manners T2A stock with a USOptcs scope on top, it is close to 15 LBS, maybe more.  The Fix would be going the other way.  

As far as recoil, well, you can't go against physics, momentum is momentum, if the Sig weighs about the same as The Fix, should have the same felt recoil.  I have to admit, having a bolt gun that is about the same set up as an AR is really good.  I never bring my bolt and AR rifles on the same range trip, as to minimize transition issues.  

As someone above mentioned, the 22" 6.5 CM is not on their website, but my dealer list it as a stock item.  I think going with a 16" CM will defeat the purpose, I am not a CM expert and all I know about the cartridge is what I have read

Bronc
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 9:39:09 AM EDT
[#26]
If what you want is something cool, put it together yourself and know it's one of the only ones like yours in the world.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 10:02:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Steamedliver] [#27]
Originally Posted By gotuonpaper:
I don't know much about the gun as a whole, but KB being an asshole wouldn't stop me from buying one.  

Is he a dick? Yup

Is a lot of his stuff game changing in some way or another? Yup.  

He has burned a lot of bridges in the industry from what I have heard and is a huge ego maniac but he seems to be letting it light his path.  

Buy/Don't buy the guns on the guns merits not that of the owner/designer.
View Quote

How far can you take that line of thinking?
Buy from Dick’s because they have good prices?
Ok to go to Star Bucks because the ???  is good?

Excuse my poor examples, I hope you understand the point.  

I clicked on the thread because I’m interested.  I’m actually looking at the pork sword.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 10:04:02 AM EDT
[#28]
If what you want is something cool, put it together yourself and know it's one of the only ones like yours in the world.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/443986/Ultralight_Rifle_no_Scope_png-1366824.JPG
View Quote

I've had The Fix for a while and thought it would be my top shelf fancy bolt gun, but I still really want a traditional style precision hunting rifle. Looking at a Deviant action, proof barrel, manners stock, in 6.5 PRC.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 10:12:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Have you considered the pork sword?  It’s a whole lot cheaper and would be a stupid fun little handy rifle in .308 with a can.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 10:15:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By BoxofRox:

I've had The Fix for a while and thought it would be my top shelf fancy bolt gun, but I still really want a traditional style precision hunting rifle. Looking at a Deviant action, proof barrel, manners stock, in 6.5 PRC.
View Quote

My top shelf fancy bolt gun was and still is my AIAX. There are rifles that are its equal but as a broad category, the AI will stand with any (unless you want something in .223 size).

A lightweight hunting rifle it is not, however.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/14/2020 10:38:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: X300Blackout] [#31]
Had one ( 6.5CM with 22" barrel) and sold it. Love the ergonomics and weight. Would be a great gun for hunting and just plinking.  I tried shooting PRS with it and was a disaster.  Gun wasn't heavy enough to mitigate recoil efficiently. The bolt became almost impossible to throw without coming off the gun every shot. I also had to hold the mag up from the bottom to get the rifle to feed reliably.  Had a couple other shooters try it and same problems. I guess some models had the stiff bolt problems and people sent them back to Q.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/precision-rifles/Q-Fix-/3-9219/

All in all I wanted to love the gun but not the headaches my specific rifle was giving me.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 11:44:13 AM EDT
[#32]

My top shelf fancy bolt gun was and still is my AIAX. There are rifles that are its equal but as a broad category, the AI will stand with any (unless you want something in .223 size).

A lightweight hunting rifle it is not, however.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/443986/20191018_115058_jpg-1366852.JPG

View Quote

@Keyst0ne

Nice looking rifles....now off subject...the rifle in the bottom of the picture,  the scope cover with carry handle.  Who makes that one?   Just what I am looking for with a robust rubber handle.

Thanks,

Bronc
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 11:50:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 12:14:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By X300Blackout:
Had one ( 6.5CM with 22" barrel) and sold it. Love the ergonomics and weight. Would be a great gun for hunting and just plinking.  I tried shooting PRS with it and was a disaster.  Gun wasn't heavy enough to mitigate recoil efficiently. The bolt became almost impossible to throw without coming off the gun every shot. I also had to hold the mag up from the bottom to get the rifle to feed reliably.  Had a couple other shooters try it and same problems. I guess some models had the stiff bolt problems and people sent them back to Q.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/precision-rifles/Q-Fix-/3-9219/

All in all I wanted to love the gun but not the headaches my specific rifle was giving me.
View Quote

This exactly describes what I have experienced. The recoil doesn't bother me at all I can i can shoot it accurately but it doesn't feed reliably. My SR25 mags work better than the pmags but they aren't 100% either. I chose to keep it because it still is cool in my book. If I was looking for a serious precision rifle this would not be on my list.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 9:18:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RePp] [#35]
As a fix owner I would hold out for the cross. On my fix I ended up putting the the new thicc butpad and muzzle break. Before that I really didnt like shooting it. Its recoil was the most uncomfortable of any gun I had shot magnums included. I've used it hunting and shot it a shitload now. It's very accurate, not super heavy, bolt throw is easy long as I didnt load it super hot. Granted bolt lift is definitely different then a traditional bolt gun mostly because I think the bolt is smaller and shorter so you don't get the leverage like on traditional bolts. I use mine as a go between my light weight hunting rifles and heavier long range rigs.

Link Posted: 4/23/2020 1:27:04 PM EDT
[#36]

A while back an associate of mine picked up a Fix (16" .308) and was having some accuracy issues with it. He asked me to spend some time with it and eval it.

I will skip to the punchline on the issues. There was nothing wrong with the rifle. The owner was not a "gun guy" and some things simply needed tightened up. Plus the gun weighs so little that shooting lightweight guns takes perfect fundamentals to achieve optimal performance.

Now with that out of the way.

I was not at all impressed with the FIX. I really wanted to be, as I had read up on it, and it sounded awesome.

However getting behind it, it was very awkward to manipulate, and not even slightly comfortable at all. In fact in the pic you can see I made up a cheek piece and a butt pad for it, as both pieces as they came from the factory were hard plastic and were very uncomfortable when you fired the rifle from the prone.

Trying to manipulate the bolt from the prone was not smooth at all. In fact it was just plain difficult and awkward.

There was very little from an end-user standpoint that I cared for about the gun. Frankly, a T3 in a basic chassis was considerably more smooth and much easier to manipulate.

As much as I wanted to like the gun, in the end, I was really less than impressed with the FIX.

I would take a Bergara, Howa or a T3 over the Fix.

Looking at the Sig version it would appear that they "FIX"ed two of the things I really did not care for on the rifle I eval'ed. The bolt handle on the Sig is not the tiny like on the Fix, and it appears that they put a decent butt pad on theirs. Now if they put a decent cheek piece on it, then they may have addressed the comfort issues. However, the overall ergonomics are still goofy.

At the end of the day, I would still buy a T3 in a Chassis before I would buy a Fix.

Link Posted: 4/25/2020 5:53:31 PM EDT
[#37]
I got it in 6.5 cm...

I have gone through the 22" to a 16" steel barrels, now have a 18" proof carbon which seems to be the sweet spot for this set up.

if you have the cash, go for it...

Link Posted: 4/25/2020 11:20:10 PM EDT
[#38]
I bought a 2xx serial number gun. 22" 6.5. it's every bit as accurate as my srs while being 6-8lbs lighter probably so there is more recoil and it makes you work for the hits a little more. The bolt lift is stiffer than most actions but it almost has to be considering the short handle and 45 degree throw.

I bought a 16" b/t 308 barrel and it completely changed the way the gun felt. With the 22" 6.5 it's a bit front heavy but the 16" turned into an easy swinging well balanced gun even with a can. The 308 recoil isn't bad to me but it might be if you're used to 20lb guns. I'd say the 6.5 will give .5moa pretty consistently and the 308 will do 3/4.

Mine did have some of the feeding issues but I sent it back to them and it seems to be all good now. There are some new cocking pieces for the bolt that reduced the bolt effort as well.

I don't have a "normal" bolt gun anymore so it has filled in as the go to gun for hunting where I don't need a semi. I can throw a can, clip on and radius on it and while it's heavy it's much more manageable than the srs.

Sent 2 rounds at 675 the other day, cold bore just for practice/verification. This is fairly typical.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 9:43:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 77Bronc] [#39]
Originally Posted By newguy2k3:
I bought a 2xx serial number gun. 22" 6.5. it's every bit as accurate as my srs while being 6-8lbs lighter probably so there is more recoil and it makes you work for the hits a little more. The bolt lift is stiffer than most actions but it almost has to be considering the short handle and 45 degree throw.

I bought a 16" b/t 308 barrel and it completely changed the way the gun felt. With the 22" 6.5 it's a bit front heavy but the 16" turned into an easy swinging well balanced gun even with a can. The 308 recoil isn't bad to me but it might be if you're used to 20lb guns. I'd say the 6.5 will give .5moa pretty consistently and the 308 will do 3/4.

Mine did have some of the feeding issues but I sent it back to them and it seems to be all good now. There are some new cocking pieces for the bolt that reduced the bolt effort as well.

I don't have a "normal" bolt gun anymore so it has filled in as the go to gun for hunting where I don't need a semi. I can throw a can, clip on and radius on it and while it's heavy it's much more manageable than the srs.

Sent 2 rounds at 675 the other day, cold bore just for practice/verification. This is fairly typical.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/34327/DA4A8A8F-3CCF-462E-9283-BE303DFF2036_jpe-1386878.JPG
View Quote

@newguy2k3

Like yourself there are a lot of people that have to send their rifles back to have Q work on it...that is interesting.  One question I have, and it comes from my line of work, but I wonder what they are changing or fixing?  Are they changing components out?  Doing any machining?  There are not a lot of knobs to turn....so when I do heard this, and people having to add velcro, duct tape to get mags to sit, it does concern me.

ETA:  Sorry, I read your post in more detail. they added some new cocking pieces....do you know if that is it

I did talk to my gun shop this past week and right now, they are thinking July or August before getting any Sigs in stock.  Maybe later....and whey will be high on the list, as they are a significant Sig stocking dealer.  The Sig reps are there on a routine basis with demos.

Bronc

Link Posted: 4/26/2020 11:23:56 AM EDT
[#40]
They replaced the receiver in mine to fix the feeding issues. Somewhwre along the way they figured out they had an issue and changed some dimensions.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 1:31:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By newguy2k3:
They replaced the receiver in mine to fix the feeding issues. Somewhwre along the way they figured out they had an issue and changed some dimensions.
View Quote

Would be nice to know the serial ranges for this change.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 8:30:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By ChandlerKJ:

Would be nice to know the serial ranges for this change.
View Quote

I'm pretty sure it was almost a year ago, maybe longer that someone caught a comment on Instagram that they changed some magwell dimensions to fix the feeding issues. There's mention of it in the fix thread on the hide. My new sn is 10-11xx I think.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top