Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2021 5:07:55 PM EDT
Or perhaps bipod preload would be a similar force and more familiar to most of you.

I'm considering getting a Smoke Composites 12" to replace the DCM tube in my Da's AR15 to bring it from a front biased 12.7lbs to a more neutral 11.6lbs.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 5:14:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 5:44:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Lancers (and the streamline they make for Faxon)  are as ridgid and probably a little more than an equivalent aluminum free float tube design.

I have a 13” Faxon Stream line that I’ve beat to hell.

Bipod loading doesn’t really flex much.   My sling mount is back towards the receiver and I don’t really shoot sling tension really. Pressing it on barricades it doesn’t really shift
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 12:58:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I've had a lancer HG on my xlr chassis for over 11yrs I think. Never broken it and have shot 100s of matches with it (prs) have smashed it in all manner of ways. Bipod on it and use a sling often.

I would buy a lancer HG any day.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 5:06:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Molon] [#4]
Originally Posted By HighpowerRifleBrony:
Or perhaps bipod preload would be a similar force and more familiar to most of you.
View Quote

If you're a hard-holder with a sling, sling tension can put more stress on a handguard than pre-loading with a bipod.  I managed to break a PRI carbon fiber hand-guard from sling tension.

Link Posted: 8/19/2021 5:19:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Molon:

If you're a hard-holder with a sling, sling tension can put more stress on a handguard than pre-loading with a bipod.  I managed to break a PRI carbon fiber hand-guard from sling tension.
View Quote
Did it break at the sling stud/Pic attachment, or at the barrel nut?
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 10:05:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HighpowerRifleBrony:
Did it break at the sling stud/Pic attachment, or at the barrel nut?
View Quote

The junction where the carbon fiber tube joins with the aluminum threaded ring.

Link Posted: 9/9/2021 1:49:48 AM EDT
[#7]
We shall see.

Attachment Attached File

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top