Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2021 11:29:02 PM EDT
Last component I need to order before everything goes off to the smith is my bottom metal.

I found a McM A3-5 in stock that was cut for Badger M5. While I don’t mind forking out the $350, I seem to have heard a lot of good chatter about the Hawkins M5 and its noticeably cheaper than the Badger.

My biggest question is how well it will fit if the stock is specifically cut for a Badger M5.
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 8:52:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 8:20:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rob01:
If the DBM says it's made for the M5 inlet then it should be fine. Your smith will be able to fit it no problem.

Not to put more in the mix but you can also look at the PTG offerings.

https://pacifictoolandgauge.com/1412-remington-700-detachable-mag-bottom-metal-dbm
View Quote

Thanks. I’ve always heard good things about PTG

I was just thinking, if one manufacturer of M5 bottom metal was a bit on the small side of tolerance, then I’m not sure the smith could do much since my stock is already inlet for Badger.
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 10:16:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Wangstang] [#3]
For what it's worth, Badger Ord will inlet any stock for the M5 opening for $85 return shipping included. The cut they make works perfectly with the PTG bottom metal.
https://pacifictoolandgauge.com/home/9405-remington-short-action-sa-tactical-stealth-m5-detach-mag-bottom-metal.html
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 10:46:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 11:04:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 3:39:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hoser:
I have both.  The Hawkins is actually better quality.  Better machining and anodizing.

A while back I replaced my Badger with another Hawkins.
View Quote

And no fit issues going from Badger to Hawkins?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top