Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2020 3:41:33 PM EDT
I currently have a DPMS AR-10 with a 24” stainless steel bull barrel. It’s very heavy and not threaded, therefore, it will not take my suppressors. I am wanting to upgrade to a lighter, smoother, plainly put.... better rifle. What are my best options for a new AR-10 between $2,000-$3,000? I have looked at the Daniel Defense DD5 V2, but that’s really as far as I’ve gotten. I know that JP and Wilson make good guns along with LWRCi, but want opinions from the likes of people who have experience shooting.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 3:56:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Best bang for buck non factory gun is Seekins with 25% code.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 4:03:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 4:18:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Lennyo3034:
Best bang for buck non factory gun is Seekins with 25% code.
View Quote
Source for a code...
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 6:04:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Where do we get that code? Anyone shot and like the Patriot Ordinance Factory Revolution?
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 6:11:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Seekins passes out codes at many matches.

If you decide on the Seekins, shoot me a PM, I have one that I haven't used.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 9:14:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rob01:
Seekins is excellent if wanting a new rifle but why not just swap out the barrel? Will cost you about $25-350 for a good barrel and maybe get a good adjustable gas block too for running the can.
View Quote
Yeah why not just rebarrel?  Criterion barrels are like $300. I'm in the process of building an 18" 6.5

Link Posted: 2/3/2020 9:14:40 AM EDT
[#7]
I just picked up an Aero M5 in 6.5 CR this weekend that appears to be put together very well. That could be an option for you.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 3:14:56 PM EDT
[#8]
LMT has some solid rifles in your price range. Their rifles are known to run suppressed as well.

Getting a new barrel would be a more cost effective route, however it may be somewhat of a puzzle getting all the appropriate parts (ie buffer/spring, adjustable gas block and/or adjustable bolt carrier) to run/cycle the system smoothly.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 3:33:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Just get a new barrel.  Easy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top