Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2018 4:46:56 PM EDT
I took my three rifles out today.

Plan was do some ladder testing for the Grendel with 123 SST's and CFE-223 and the 6mm Creedmoor with 108 ELD Match and H4350. I had already done it for my 6.5 Creedmoor using 147 ELD Match using H4350. Found it did a decent group with 38.6 gr, CCI 200 in my once fired Hornady brass. I went ahead sized, trimmed to 1.91, chamferred and deburred. Seated the projectiles to COAL of 2.795. I haven't started messing with the seating depth yet. Future work...

I went ahead and ran my 50 rounds of 6.5 Grendel, then switched to my 6.5 Creedmoor. I still have to do the average velocities and such,  but this is how it ran.

Attachment Attached File

Not the best,  but not bad.  Maybe next outing I can try for the MOA all day challenge and not choke. Here's the setup.

Attachment Attached File

A little more work on that load and I still have my Grendel and 6mm Creedmoor to try to dial in.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 5:31:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice shooting
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 7:55:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 8:52:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rob01:

A good start. That's a short OAL. Measure out to the lands and seat them .020" off the lands to start. Works great for the ELDs I have shot. Also you should be able to go up with the powder charge. What rifle you shooting?
View Quote
I'm shooting my Aero. Aero upper/ lower, aero nitride bcg, RA 22" ultramatch,  rifle gas SLR adjustable block,  JP SCS in H config, magpul P-Mag. I had gone up to 40.4gr which is .1 over max (40.3gr) according to Hornady manual/data. Got some slight cratering (standard bolt) as charge increased and the grouping dropped off. Flattening on upper end.   No swipes. That's why I went with the 38.6gr charge. Primers weren't bad and brass was good as usual. Group was the tightest of all 10 groups.

Seating longer, mag length is going to come into play.

Avg velocity was 2543, SD 70 for all 25 rounds. High SD probably due to the round heating in the chamber. I'm basing this on  seeing increase in velocity when  I took longer to take the next shot. Next outing I'll try single loading at a slower pace instead of mag being loaded with all rounds. I'm going to measure to the lands and see if I can get any seating gain. I'll also check the differences in P-Mag and DPMS steel mag. These groups were shot moderately quick, with about 5-7 minutes between groups.

I was just happy as they showed some promise.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 9:35:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 9:25:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Sorry. Missed it was in semi auto section when I looked at new posts. Looks like it's doing well for that rifle.
View Quote
The semi-auto section is new territory for Rob as they were all but banned in CT.

His friends in NC wonder why he cycles the charging handle after every shot whenever they hand him a gas gun.

Link Posted: 8/13/2018 11:35:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 11:45:59 AM EDT
[#7]

LOL Yup I could have a gas gun in CT but just the top part. LOL

https://i.imgur.com/loe2uLx.jpg?1
View Quote
Nice upper,  what barrel is that?
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 11:49:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 11:54:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Mine's a 22" Rainier Ultramatch. Noticed your brake, same as mine. I'm waiting to get my suppressor out of jail,  then I'll switch to a Silencerco ASR brake.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top